1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading & Business Forum Restructure

Discussion in 'General Trading & Business Discussion' started by Snape, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Hi Everyone,

By now some of you may have noticed a slight change and layout in the structure of the old Trading Forum.

In the last couple of weeks questions have been posed as to our stance on non-Arkadian businesses and services advertising and promoting themselves on Planet Arkadia Forum. After some extensive discussion it was decided that we would like to encourage any and all trade and business within the Universe so that Arkadia can be viewed as the virtual-business hub of EU.

To that end, we have made some minor, but significant, changes to the structure of the relevant forum here at PAF.

We believe that this will help promote the advertisement of not only Arkadia based Services and Shops (eventually) but also those belonging to people who wish to spread themselves out into the wider Universe whilst maintaining their "home" on Arkadia - namely those that consider themselves "Interplanetary" businesses.

What can you do to help?

Starting today, for each person that maintains a Service or Shop thread, we ask that when you give your thread its regular BUMP!, that you include a comment on whether it is an "Arkadia only" or "Interplanetary" Service, or if you are an "Arkadian" with a Shop on another planet (thus Interplanetary shop). Obviously, when shops become available on Arkadia, thread advertising for them will go in the Shops/Arkadia sub-forum.

For Example:

Southern Fortress Engineering (SFE) has 2 shops on Calypso (currently) selling both Calypso and Arkadian armour. Eventually they intend to expand to an Arkadian shop presence as well and regularly do business on and off Arkadia. Their shop thread would therefore reside in the Shops/Interplanetary sub-forum.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask either by PM or post feedback below.

Regards

The PAF Admin Group

Please note that Mentoring Services are not included in this and will be addressed separately in their own subforum under the New Player Area.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Snape

Hi Everyone,

You may have noticed a while back (from the post above) that we altered the layout of the Shops and Services area of the Trading and Business forum. This was done in an effort to organise the advertised Shops and Services here at PAF so as to make it easier for people to find what they want, either as a shop or a service.

Unfortunately, this weird thing called "Real Life" has kept interfeering and caused this job to get pushed further and further down my priority list. So in an effort to finally get this off my list of jobs to do, I'm asking for your help!

----------------------------------------------------------------​

What this means is: For those of you that are actively maintaining your threads, all I ask (again) is that you either post an update to your thread stating whether the Service is Arkadia only, or Interplanetary and we can shift it into the appropriate category OR send me a PM with a link to your thread and a note to let me know which it is, Arkadian or Interplanetary. Simple as that!

Shops are pretty self explanitory so I have moved them already as a matter of course.

One last thing, if your thread is a Forum Service (such as signatures or graphics or so such) then it will remain in the general Services area so don't worry about posting an update for this or sending me a PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------​

Also also wik, as a thankyou to those that help me out with this, I'm going to, in addition to this organisation, sticky those Shop and Service threads that are regularly maintained within their respective sub-forums. This should further help those that work hard to keep their stuff fresh here on the forum and easier for prospective customers to find the services and shop information they require.

Cheers and thanks in advance

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Snape

BUMP - Please address your threads in regards to the posts above

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.