1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking a Mentor

Discussion in 'General Mentoring' started by Medeina, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Medeina

Medeina Member

Hi everyone,

As the thread title says, I am seeking a mentor. Maybe. Been playing for two weeks now, mostly spending my time mining/exploring, and occasionally sweating and hunting. My highest profession ranks are currently level 3, so any potential mentors don't need godly skills to have me. I said 'maybe' earlier because I want this to be a proper mentor-disciple relationship, not merely for the gifts or mentoring skills/reputation. I've already had a few random disciple ninja-invites while hanging out in Celeste Quarry. The persons did not bother to say a word, only just to invite me to be their disciple. This was very rude and I rejected. But I have faith there are some proper mentors on our fair planet.

I played PE years ago and am familiar with general gameplay. Item descriptions now make it easy to track which items are best for ones skills, and the newbie quests here on Arkadia where a great reintroduction. That being said, I don't need to be taught the basics. I will have occasional questions to fill any gaps in knowledge, or just to satisy curiousity. I'm also doing this to expand my social skills a bit and maybe make a friend or two. I'm not big in the social scene and large crowds make me uncomfortable, but I do occasionally enjoy interacting with others.

I live in the Pacific time zone (GMT-7) and am usually on in my evenings and varying times over the weekends. My work schedule is fairly erratic right now, though, and occasionally I am on in the mornings and afternoons of the weekdays as well.

Please send me a PM if you think I might be the right disciple for you, and we'll chat from there. Obviously I would like a fairly experienced player as my mentor, one that knows and loves Arkadia well and spends most of his or her time here. Or maybe we'll, by chance, see each other in Celeste Quarry first. If I'm not at one of the terminals, I'm usually hiding in a quiet corner somewhere and reading chat.

Wishing you all many rainbows and butterflies and other very nice things like that,
    Medeina

P.S. I must admit posting this feels like putting out an ad in the personals section of the classfieds. Very...weird-like.

2. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

You can have a look at the society School of Hawk.

I am not on Arkadia most of the time. I move around a lot. However, soc chat is a good place to start.
    In our society, people already have some experience with the game. You can learn new and old things.
    I like to think that I have a lot of experience in the game.
    You can add me in friendlist in game from "Player Register" and we can have a chat there. You can also add me on skype as black.hawk.eu and have a voice chat there.
    I am online a lot.
    In our society people can stay even after they graduate and advice will be given whenever asked.

You can also check here:
    http://entropiatracker.com/player.asp?mode=viewPlayer&PlayerID=19871

You can see my stats over time and see my activity in all relevant professions.

3. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

I would recommend simply reviewing the mentor threads here on the forum in the time zone period that best matches your online time.

4. Medeina

Medeina Member

I have looked at that section, as well as the mentor finder ingame, and will definately be trying to contact some people over the next day or two. I only thought to make this post in case there were some mentors that had not advertised themselves, or I simply missed their names.

5. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Overall, I think those that would see this post are going to be those that have posted themselves in the mentor areas. There might be a couple... But not many.

6. Medeina

Medeina Member

That's probably true. But it never hurts to try.

7. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Feel free to add me to your FL ;) I usually dont announce to be a mentor coz I take only a few in time and I dont farm disciples :) ingame since 5 years and also Arkadia advisor :) I m everytime in to help and able to give some hints :)

8. Kosh

Kosh Member

9. Medeina

Medeina Member

Thanks, Milena. I'll get in touch with you in-game. Eight hour time difference might make it hard, though. :/

10. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Should be no problem i play usually to different times and since you know the "basics" it wont be hard :)

11. Medeina

Medeina Member

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have chosen the one to call Master.