1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oratan Miner

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Jenny ferr, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

New thread being maintained by May, can be found here:
    Oratan Miner

Description:

The Oratan are believed to be the race warned of in The Signal, intercepted by the Celeste Space Probe.

It follows that this species inflicted genocide on the Ancient Arkadian people. Accordingly, the Oratan should not be underestimated.

As a Species, they revel in battle and killing, specifically targeting human colonists on Arkadia.

They have also shown a tendency to loot and steal, appearing to in Particular to crave technology.
    Advanced weapons appear to be within their ability to use, but beyond their capability to develop
    for themselves.

This Oratan is much larger than those originally encountered by the IFN,
    Whilst it's physical size is intimidating, it is also noticeable less agressive than expected and
    appears subserviant in behaviour to other Oratan.

The Imperial Fleet Navy (IFN) know very little information on the origins of the Oratan,
    However, with the destruction of the Ancient Arkadians as their hands seems certain and the threat they pose to humanity is very real and immediate.

Creature Type:
    Mutant

Damage Type:
    Still under investigation

Statistical data:
    Oratan Miner

IFN Challenge:
    IFN Killpoint Challenge - Oratan

Maturities:
    Young
    Mature
    Old
    Provider
    Guardian
    Dominant
    Alpha
    Old Alpha
    Prowler
    Stalker

Interesting facts:
    There now seems to be a permanent presence of these Oratan Miner Elite class in the Underground, so be very careful if you venture down there.
    Dated: 11 MAR 3011

For loots please use any of these sources and please help to keep them updated and correct.
    Entropedia.info
    EP wiki.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  2. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

Anyone figured out what damage it does yet?

3. SLD

SLD Member

I'm also curious of what the damage type is on these. I saw that the Young was only L16 so I figured I'd kill a few, wearing Koroma and no plates. I could get them down to half HP before they got within attack range, but after that it was a fap-fest errr regen-fest rather. The regen chip VI was able to overcome the dmg done, but damn these things hit hard for a L16 mob. I'm assuming that the HP/atk are higher than a typical L16 mob due to the fact that they have no agro range, giving an L rating that's not quite appropriate. I'll throw a guess out for the damage type, 40% stab, 30% cut. 30% penetration. Thanks in advance to person(s) that find the true dmg values. :)

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Suggest you add some P1 plates to the koroma. Seems to work well for me.

5. Jenny ferr

Lxx never been showing the danger of a mob, so ignore the level when speaking of the danger it poses.

With that said I also think it's penetration damage, I used unplated liakon on VU day against a few of them and worked decent but then they decided to stop playing, thats why I think penetration but until someone proves it or I get back to Ark and get some free time wont put it in OP

6. Jenny ferr

Update: There now seems to be a permanent presence of these Oratan Miner Elite class in the Underground, so be very careful if you venture down there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.