1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investment Opportunity

Discussion in 'General Trading & Business Discussion' started by Gotabecoolman, May 27, 2015.

Would you like to invest?

1. Yes!

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

That's referring to banking (easier to think of as "pawnshops" in the US). This trading scheme as the OP described, as far as I can tell has nothing to do with lending money on collateral. There are plenty of examples in the game where people take investments from other players (items purchases, land areas, motherships, GMC, etc), it's not against any terms of use.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

The news post made mention of securities, which is what the OP is trying to sell here. But you're right, the post didn't go further into whether investment services were allowed. I went to clarify the issue with support. The current stand is that it does not break the rules, but they do not advice getting involved, and to proceed with utmost caution.

3. Gotabecoolman

Gotabecoolman Member

Thanks for not being negative. I have one investor so far and quite a few buyers and sellers.

4. Gotabecoolman

Gotabecoolman Member

On the plus side this is one of the most viewed recent posts in this section.

5. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I've been quietly watching both of these threads. I've closed the original banking one as it was pushing an idea that clearly violates MA rulings. I've been close to closing this one a couple of times but overall it hasn't crossed the line yet. Keep it civil and it will remain open. I would also suggest changing the thread title as it's not reflective of the thread content anymore.

On the subject at hand, here is my 2pec, take it as you will:

I commend your persistence Gotabecoolman. I'm sure that eventually you will find something and make it work.

Stop trying so hard and watch the way you communicate your ideas. Using words like GUARANTEE etc will red flag you in a lot of more experienced players minds as you are very new and considerably younger than the majority of us, both in game and in life.

Don't take that as a put down as it is now meant as one but we've all been "around the mulberry bush" a few times in our years and certain words and ideas raise automatic flags for many. Also, we were all teenagers at one time with big ideas and enthusiasm and felt that the we knew it all....Time and experience however teaches otherwise.....BUT, the other side of that is also never let go of your dreams and keep refining your ideas....there are more than enough fine examples of it working for people too.

As negative as some people can come across, trust that even the worst of them are actually looking out for you and their fellow gamers. No-one wants to see another player get locked/banned and people lose their hard earned money...there has been too much of that over the years and they have had a big enough impact to scar even people not directly involved.

I would suggest what others have already said, start small with maybe just one or two people within your own society (you already seem to have a great mentor there) and record everything to provide proof of concept for when you release it to a wider prospective client base. Doing it this way also allows you to iron out many bumps and issues without it costing you (or your investors) too much money.

Once you have the solid base, the proof to back it up and by then a solid network being built, then you can look wider for investors.

Happy to discuss and critique privately if you like, feel free to PM me, though be patient as I run my own business IRL so I'm busy a lot of the time and can't instantly respond.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  6. Gotabecoolman

Gotabecoolman Member

Thank you for your encouragement and advice (also not banning me :) I agree with this all and understand the danger some people may feel is associated with this form of business in a virtual world in which you often must simply take someone's word, although the guarantee part is true as there will always be a buyer of sweat for more than me and will then make any current investor profit. I'm also up to 4 investors now (2 soc members, 1 that contacted me from forums, and one that invested 30PED that I met through sweat trading (also he gives me 1.5/k when I buy sweat)!)

• Like Like x 1