1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investing in Arkadia

Discussion in 'Land Areas' started by EeveeDream, Jul 23, 2016.

1. EeveeDream

EeveeDream Member

While I currently cannot afford to buy a LA, I would love to see more LAs on Arkadia put up for sale in the future! I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this, but I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on the topic.

Owning a "profitable" LA is a lot of work from what I could see in the Arkadia and Calypso forums, but I do dream of the day where maintaining one of my own becomes an actual thing! :inlove:

Edit: Just to expand on what I wrote-Arkadia is a wonderful planet that I would love to see grow further. While there are apartments and shops available to purchase, I feel like more land areas (actively managed and advertised, of course) would work well to attract more people to the planet. I for one would love to participate in such a project-once I have the money, of course. ;)

For those of you who don't have one, or are working to improve one they have, what are your plans for your dream LA be? I personally would have to see what the land is like first, but I would definitely see what the planet needs more/less of in terms of hunting/mining spots and/or mobs, and adjust accordingly. I do dream of owning a miner's paradise someday, though! There are so many events/LAs catered towards hunters and not enough events for miners, from what I've seen. Though, I could be wrong. :)

Though, if the land needs lots of improving, I'd need to think it over heavily before I buy it. A 100k PED LA could easily amount to 150k-200k in the long run if I'm not careful! :confused:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  2. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

Short answer is no. Don't need more. Plus, if you want to invest in Arkadia, they have AUDs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

hmm... not sure if investing in to something where previous investors get stuff ripped away from em and they have to sue to get back some sort of compensation for it is a great idea..???...

As far as LAs go, AUDs are for sell all over the place.. grab em while you can because after I buy em all there won't be more to go around. :)

4. wournos

wournos Active Member

All minus 14. I'm not selling mine. ;)

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Your post is a little deceptive. You've been around long enough to know that a person doesn't have to be right to sue someone. There's no evidence anything was "ripped away" from the investor in question (notice it is singular investor not investors as you say). Also, your words say investing in Arkadia could be a bad idea but your actions (buying AUDs) are saying you believe the opposite.

To the OP. try out smaller investments in the game before committing to something as big as a land area. It's possible to lose huge amounts of money in the game with no recourse. People do this all the time on the auction house, accidentally selling 1000 AUDs for the price of 1, for example. So I wouldn't call it a low risk investment, and ultimately everything depends on Mindark's willingness to honor their withdrawal policy. Note they have the right to change the EULA at any time so could potentially decide you can't withdraw your funds. Of course that would be the end of the game so not very likely... but hey, less likely things have happened. Basically, I'm trying to say, don't invest in the game more than you can afford to lose and don't jump into a big investment without knowing the game well and trying smaller investments first.