1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graduating conditions

Discussion in 'General Mentoring' started by miteke, May 28, 2013.

1. miteke

miteke Member

Where can I find out what I need to graduate?

2. KlowN

KlowN Member

3 Achievements: Kill & successfully loot 1 creature while in team with mentor ; mine 1 claim ; successfully craft 1 item. Then you have the skill progress bar that goes up to 100%, the skills that affect the bar are anatomy (get while hunting/healing), engineering (get while extracting mining claims, crafting, & vehicle repairing), geology (get while dropping mining probes). The bar can go up by any mixture of those skills, i.e. just by solely hunting & full 100% off anatomy.

3. miteke

miteke Member

I think I've graduated but I never see my mentor on line. How long should I wait before I try to get a different mentor or is it too late if I've met all my graduation conditions except the hunt?

4. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

If you are going to change mentors, do it sooner rather than later as the higher your skills, the harder it is to achieve the skill changes necessary to graduate....at least thats what I have observed since mentoring came back.

5. miteke

miteke Member

Dang. That's not a happy thought. I have to start all over? Well, at least I can still do it. Please PM me if you are interested in being my mentor. If Infelice does not chime in before a few days have goon by, I'll have to start over.

Is there any way to send a PM in Entropia? I could only find a way to open a chat.

6. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

don't kick your mentor yet, contact support and explain the situation first then think about getting a new mentor if you are at 100% if they can't help you

7. SLD

SLD Member

If you check your discipleship progress screen, look for the 3 little icons at the end of the progress bar. If you have the 3 icons and you have reached 100% progress you should get the graduation hof, and a loot window will appear with your armor and red clown car. I think the achievements can get a bit buggy though, as I have seen on a few of my disciples, where the icon never appears even after they have gone mining or team hunt etc. This actually happened to my soc mate, where he had completed everything and reached 100%, but one of those icons was not appearing, and so he had to submit a support ticket to finally graduate. Don't be too hasty to dump your mentor, it would be a waste of time and progress. Good luck!

8. miteke

miteke Member

What discipleship progress screen?

9. KlowN

KlowN Member

Right click in open -> System in the drop down box -> Mentoring ; you will see a bar with a %, if its 100% & you have 3 icons for all 3 achievements, pretty sure there should be a button you can click that says Graduate.

10. miteke

miteke Member

My mentor showed up at last and I was able to finish the team hunting. It seems I am at 50%. This is going to take a lot longer than I thought.

11. Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer

Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer Member

One thing you can do to help it along is to get on a ship and do the vehicle repairs with an RK5 and 50k Welding Wire (per RK5) give or take 1000 wire.

The setup will cost you depending on where you get it around 20 ped give or take some. And it will be a TOTAL LOSS of the ped except for the skills.

In other words you will get nothing back out of it. You will get to sell the broken RK5 for about .20 (sometimes .21) ped, that's it.

12. Svarog

Svarog Member

And it takes over 30 rk-5 to graduate from 0% progress, so over 500 ped of expenses, of which you don't get anything back except for skills that do matter only if you plan to become a crafter.

On the other hand, even in the worst loot-wise scenario it takes less than 300 ped to graduate in hunting, providing you use an eco gear and don't do totally crazy things. And not impossible to break even, and all the gained skills totally worth the spent money for your future hunting carrier.

• Like Like x 1
  13. global2016

global2016 Guest

• Old Old x 2
  14. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

I did mine mostly mining at low level and it took about 3-4 months but I was only doing 3-4 runs per week and got some good loot, could even guess on the cost, but extracting ore adds to HP ;)

15. krazykat

krazykat Active Member

As far as I can remember there are only three skills that contribute to mentoring. I don't remember offhand what they are, but if someone less memory challenged can post that information, you should concentrate on activities that give those skills to graduate as fast as possible.