1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entropia Trading application (EU_Trading)

Discussion in 'General Trading & Business Discussion' started by Chris | Arkadia, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Guys,

I Have been messing with creating a trading application for fun on and off during weekends for the last few months but lately have been neglecting working on it further. :surrender:

So I'm sharing the application and source code for the application here along with a quick overview of the application and how it functions. The code is in c# and got a bit of comenting in it (mostly testing related). Also It might be a total mess in the flow of the application. I program wierd and all over the place but it makes more sence to me when as is while I'm still modifying the workings and deciding how the application should function. So sorry if its a pain to follow the coding.

This is a beta version and still have some bugs in it.
    Switching tabs might cause the fields to reset and might require changing the field and selecting it again.
    Auction fee calculation is not perfect aswell but damn near for high markup items. I'm no mathematician so its likely to stay imperfect until someone has completely broken the auction fee calculation for low markup as-well as high markup items. I did a lot of diging on the forms and could not find any formulas that is 100% accurate on low as-well as high markup items.
    Avoid div 0 issues with initial population of items into stock. This should be mostly solved with the code by now but might still popup if you enter data incorrectly.
    The Trade section is not yet done. Not quite a bug just worth mentioning that I only started working on this the last time I actually worked on the application.

For this application to function you require the following
    .Net 4.5
    MySQL-installer-community-5.6.10.1.msi or later (install server instance and sql connectors for .net, for those who is not sure just select developer and let it install everything) The application uses a MySQL db server to store and track trading information.

Included in this is a setup of the DB that can be installed using MySQL workbench using the "open existing EER Model" under data modeling section. After you have added the "NewTradingModel.mwb" file using the open option click Database on the menu bar and select "Forward Engineer". It should just be clicking next next next next and entering the password for the DB admin (Default user is "root") setup during installation.

After the DB has been setup you can run the application and enter the Server adress "127.0.0.1" if you are running it on the local PC. Server port (Default "3306"). User name (Default user is "root") and password set during installation and then clicking on "Connect".

On the main window you can brows your current stock by catagory.

View attachment 7804

If the connect button grays out and the tabs become functional and you received no error everything should be setup correctly.

Before you can start using the buy tab you need to populate Items using the Items tab.

idItems: is auto populated so do not worry about it.

Important !!! under items section only add one of the following 3 words in the "Type" section (Stackable / Limited / Unlimited). This is required for the system to distinguish correctly between how to handle each item and is hard-coded into the application.

Sub_Type: can be anything you wish.

TT: Full TT of a single item.

Markup: please only enter numbers and no symbols. If you want to have the markup of a stackable item @ 300% only enter 300 without the "%" Sign. The system will use it as TT+ or % as needed and defined by the Type field.
    The Markup field is more intended as the Market value for the item and not your buying or selling % (calculated in other tabs).

Once you change to another tab the DB will be updated with what you entered and be available on next start up, you can modify items directly in here to update markup or whatever as you see fit.

View attachment 7807

The buying section is straight forward.

Select Type (this is where its hardcoded)
    Select Sub Type (whatever you entered in items tab)
    Select the item name.

TT PED:
    For Limited and Unlimited items set the TT of the item you are buying (it will default to what you entered when you added the item to the DB) useful for buying a item that is not full TT.
    For Stakables this section option is disabled.

Market Value:
    You can edit market value in the Market value field directly if you wish (currently borked and does not update items DB as it should)

Amount:
    This section really does not need explaining. Only used on stackables. Items unfortunately require entering one by one and the option will be disabled.

Profit Margin:
    This is where your buy price gets calculated from using the market value and subtracting your margin from it. For Unlimited Items this will be a straight TT value. For Stackable and Limited this is a % number. Please only enter numbers in this field and no symbols.

Once all off this is in you will be able to see all the information required for the trade to the right under Buy info.
    This section gets calculated on the fly so as you change it, it should reflect what you entered.

The Stock info Section just displayed basic information regarding the current stock of the selected item you have in stock atm. Markup of stock reflects the avarage markup you bought stock @.

The Settings section below calculates estimated auction fee (not 100% accurate but gets more accurate the higher the markup becomes)
    Simply tick the Include option and it will update your Buy Markup and Total Buy under the Buy info section.

Setting the "Dont use current item info" option allows you to adjust auction fee for calculating future sales markup on diffrent amounts. Just note this still changes the Buy markup and Total Buy above and can through your trade out of wack.

View attachment 7805

Sales sectionis also really basic.

Only thing that really needs to be noted on the left hand section is the TT field under select item.
    For Limited and Unlimited items this field needs to be selected to determine the exact item to take out of the db. They are listed in the order they appear in the DB and display the TT of each one of those items. For Stackables this field is disabled.

On the sales section simply enter the sales markup (for Items its TT+ value and for the other 2 its % value, again no symbolds should be added.) This field will change color depending on the following.
    It turns greed if the item s being sold for more then the avarage buy price of the item and red if its lower. In effect tells you profit or loss.

An Auction fee can be entered. Once the auction fee is entered the box next to the box you entered the Sales Markup in will update and also display the color coding above.

View attachment 7806

Have fun and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Any recomendations or solutions feel free to add a codesniped here. I Don't really know when Ill spend some more time on this application.

2. AsYlum

AsYlum Member

Oh i was building something similar but in delphi ;) It would be great if you could create github project ;)

3. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Great work, Chris!
    My friend and socmate wrote something like this application - EU Auction Calculator.
    This appication was approved by MA in 2012.

View attachment 7810

I can post the link to application if you need it :)

4. AsYlum

AsYlum Member

Please post it Gewitter the more the better :)

5. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Np, here setup.exe in archive: http://yadi.sk/d/ZzjcrJV77HSSp

Check it with antivirus software please - the file is on a public server

If you cannot read text on the buttons (if it in russian) - see attached picture

View attachment 7811

Software (EU Auction Calculator) has english interface