1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware of beggars my dear mentors :'(

Discussion in 'General Mentoring' started by Angel O2 Mercer, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Angel O2 Mercer

Angel O2 Mercer Member

Some guy named <AVATAR NAME REMOVED> wanted to get me as mentor yesterday, I was a bit confused because people with a society usually find their mentors inside that society, but well accepted and spent more than an hour helping him. My disciples usually are spanish also, since most people aren't that skilled in english and prefer their native language.

He started begging for stuff, I gave him arround 40 PEC worth of things, including an M2100 at discount price (less than TT). Few moments later he kicked me and removed from his friend list.

I don't really care about that 40 PEC, not at all. But the fact that this kind of players are taking advantage of a system supposed to help the newcomers.

Fact: I'll never give free stuff again until my disciples graduate.

Cheers.

2. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

Mentoring has nothing to do give diciples free stuff - if a discible ask for that he is kicked.

I have no time for free riders. Diciples need to show me dedication before i use a lot of time on them. And if they are too lazy to sweat and dont want to depo - then im sure there are many other mentores around than me.

Btw - another disiples trick is to invite mentor to a team hunt and use the settings so he get more loot than he do damage for....

3. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

yea i wish that being a mentor gave you the ability to lend an item to your disciple. So you could take it back at anytime and if they dumped you the item would come back to you.

I kinda like the vehicle system for that. Cause i can lend them my vehicle let them drive around in it and then take it back anytime.

4. Angel O2 Mercer

Angel O2 Mercer Member

I know mentoring has nothing to do with giving free stuff, still I do it sometimes because I know how hard is this game without depositing.

Never again tho, I'll kick on the first begging attempt.

5. Beanie Bugbear Adamski

Beanie Bugbear Adamski Member

Don't let them change who you are :) bad apples everywhere.

Bug

• Like Like x 1
  6. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

well said Bugbear ....I usually try to find out what kind of guy i have in front of me before i take him as disciple...
    when i have a good feeling I accept him ...or when something isnt my style then not....and yes..sometimes I help with stuff aswell.. but not in general and surely not when someone ask for ........

7. Kevlie

Kevlie Member

8. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Kicked.

9. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

lol that is just too funny puck. Without any hesitation you were like :soangry: BAM!!! "kicked" totally EPIC got me in tears ha ha ha ha ha ha "breath" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha "passes out from lack of oxygen":tired:

10. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Please take notice of the Forum Rules before posting threads like this.

Guys and Girls,
    Whilst I understand what your aim is here, I must point out that by naming the person in the OP you are in fact breaching Rule 2e of the forum rules.

So, even though I do commend you for wanting to warn each other about the behaviour of suspect individuals, in doing so, I must also ask that you refrain from naming people this way, at least in the open areas of the forum.

Whatever information you choose to share in private or via PM is entirely up to you, but I must insist that the Forum Rules be upheld and followed in publicly viewable areas.

To that effect, I am removing the avatar name from the OP in accordance with Rule 2e quoted above.

If you are unfamiliar with the Rules of PAF or have not read them in a while, then please follow the link in my signature below - "HAVE YOU READ THE FORUM RULES??"

If anyone wishes to discuss this further then please feel free to PM me at any time and I will happily discuss any subject you wish to raise. Likewise if you have feedback on the forum rules or the way in which forum moderation is conducted, please feel free to post in the appropriate threads here.

11. Angel O2 Mercer

Angel O2 Mercer Member

Yeah yeah...the same rule stuff than on PCF, whatever.

Take care.

12. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up Angel. I will have the avatar in question change his name to avoid any confusion with an official staff.

Cheers,
    Cyrus

• Like Like x 1