1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apartment & Shop Prices

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Lightz, May 23, 2015.

1. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

Indeed. Especially comparing it to the previous win at 4000 ped, that's a huge jump. All the best to the new owners!

2. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

Underground Booths 8 and 11 up for grabs on auction now. :O

3. Bas

Bas Member

Hi Lightz,

Wanted to send a reply so you could update if you wish.

The Celeste North 4 Level 5 apartment I bought for Yoshii Yoshii Lem and passed on at cost.
    I sold the underground booth 11 to her at cost as well. These were a month or two after initial purchase.
    The Celeste Harbour booth 2 I resold to Felix Wizard Petrescu for 8500P a few months ago.

I also bought my personal Apartment, Celeste North 5 Level 1, for 2000P by private sale, shortly after AUD became tradeable in game.

I have it decked out quite nicely and it is open to the public if anyone wants a look.
    Yet to upload a suitable picture to the screen but I am not opposed to the current one. : P

I would like to raise the point of item allocations and upgrade costs.
    For the Celeste Apartments there is 120 total items allowed; 115 inside; 5 in the foyer.
    This compares with Rocktropia apartments which can have 400 items.
    Then if you want to upgrade this it costs another 2000P for 20 items which is the cost of the apartment.
    I tried to do this after becoming frustrated with the item limit and was unable to get a timely result.
    After a month I still had not been asked to pass on the funds for the update so I cancelled the request.

Maybe Arkadia management should rethink the item allocation / upgrade process as it does not seem equitable / functional.

My two cents,

Cognitive Bas Dissident

• Like Like x 1
  4. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

The upgrade process sucks as it is... it's highly unreliable as it relies on a Mindark run npc getting payment and coordinating with the designers... It's all very hit and miss as to which places can and cannot be upgraded, etc., especially since some places got upgraded for FREE on accident by Mindark! You read that right... Happened many years back to one of the shops I used to own back on Calypso (which I should have probably kept, but had to end up selling at a major loss due to real world issues with taxes that year)...

As far as apartments go...
    http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/selling-apartment.14029/ - ended up doing a package deal that included some of the furniture, including the nice little fireplace. Got it nicely decorated with a lot of various holiday stuff for various holidays at the moment. I may have paid too much, but it was already upgraded before I bought it, and the fact that you can put a shopkeeper in the entryway because of that is nice... (one has been there previously and likely will be in the not-too-distant future again)

Also have most of an alpha core card collection in there if you want to come visit it... still missing 3 cards if anyone wants to sell em at decent prices, or talk about trading in PM... ;)

As for the item points.... yes, Arkadia does suck vs the 400-600 item points in RT apartments (unless you get a shitty shatler that only has about 30 total and a messy bunch of junk in the place to manuever around by design since it's supposed to be ghetto feel)

(If someone has an apartment or shop on Monria or Ark moon, or possibly on one of the planets that will be getting apartments in the coming years such as Toulan or Cyrene if anyone is reading this in the future when those are available, I may be willing to trade all of the alpha core collection for one of those since ultimate goal is to someday have one apartment on each planet you can have em on)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  5. Bas

Bas Member

Hey mastermesh,

Checked out your apartment at Celeste South 8 Level 5. Very festive and great view! : )
    Was nice to see most of the alpha core cards and you have some great POVR memorabilia as well.

My apartment is more for storage and display. I have a few Lux Trunks, various Arkadian Urns and a Safe which allow me to keep all my inventory organised. The Storage provided between Arkadia and Underground doesn't quite cut it. (Hoarder admission)
    I try to keep the display items Arkadian themed but there are some Calypso and Cyrene items.

I would like to have more item allocation but I don't see it as being a very good value proposition and that is if you can get it upgraded.
    I have a heap of little plushies and knick knacks I would like to have on display but unfortunately have had to maintain item discipline and keep the place tastefully uncluttered. : )