1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zylstra mining log

Discussion in 'Mining' started by zylstra, Aug 5, 2012.

1. zylstra

zylstra Member

thanks for the advice PigBenis, ill try and respond to a couple of your statements for clarification as well as advice for others

i calculate my markup on a spreadsheet that i update weekly, i look at the weekly markup and put it into the spreadsheet as -3% weekly markup... so in reality i am actually doing better then the runs show... i do sell in a more optimized way, similar to you (i watched your auctions for a while looking for your tricks)

that 117 was a horrid day, in all aspects... i tried all of my spots, 2 spots i wanted to look into more, and then jsut randomly around.. i think i had like 57 ped of nexus at the end of the run... i believe my overall average markup (since coming to ark) is about 122

2. zylstra

zylstra Member

run 9

ped out: 150
    ped in (tt): 281.21
    average markup: 124%
    decay: 10
    run +/-: 188.70
    total +/-:553

notes: GREEN RUN!!!! and swirlies a XIII(69) Telfium, but honestly, that wasnt even the highlight.. the highlight was the two XII (39)(42) hydrogen three drops apart. I also had a VIII ospra and a VII hydogen. all the low tt resource cliams is why i upped my decay to double, most likely a little to much but i would rather go to much then not enough and be short at the end.

3. zylstra

zylstra Member

i actually had someone talk to me ingame about my log here and asked for total stats on caly and here put together so they can see all my mining data on everything so i will try to be as through as possible... if there is anything i forget in my comatose state (14 hours shift at work) please say so and i will add it as well.

(dont laugh to hard i know im a noob)

total deposited: $50 (500 ped)

total dropped: 7551.5
    total tt retuen: 7343.18
    tt to tt % 97.24%
    average markup: 116%
    lowest low: -237.47
    highest high +1172.61
    total +/- as of now +1102.08

globals: 11
    HoF: 2

largest find: 163 Narcanism

4. zylstra

zylstra Member

run 10

ped in (tt): 104.16
    average markup: 126%
    decay: 6
    run +/-: -25.8
    total +/-:527.2

notes: VI and VII hydro and a VIII yulerium were the "big" claims... i had a great hitrate, i made a judgement call on staying with the smaller cliam size thinking there was a good one in the area, but i couldnt find it and i stayed there for to long and lost ped, when i moved i just couldnt recover my losses. i take full responsibility for messing this run up, if i had stuck to my system i most likely could have done alot better

i also hit a milestone... jsut passed 50% of my way to graduate from discipleship, i think strash is ready to have to graduate and be done already lol

5. zylstra

zylstra Member

run 11:

ped out: 300
    ped in (tt): 212.37
    average markup: 125%
    decay: 12
    run +/-: -46.53
    total +/-: 435.72

notes:i did a big run, all that meant was big losses :( IX hydro, VIII Veda, VIII Yulerium, 2 VII edres and a VII Hydro were big cliams. i dunno what happened, it was like ma said "no loot for you" and gave me nothing. this run took 2 days, sucked 1st day so i left and cam back today to see what i could find and the results were the same

i also hit level 6 surveyor and level 4 driller

6. zylstra

zylstra Member

due to college posts here will get few and far between... i will try to do one a week or so

7. zylstra

zylstra Member

run 12:

ped out: 75
    ped in (tt): 50.47
    average markup: 125%
    decay: 9
    run +/-: -21.91
    total +/-: 413.81

notes: i know i failed horribly trying to do one a week, life got busy and when i came back to try entropia it was all buggy and turned me off it for a while, but im back and will decide if i wish to continue this log or not. this was like 5 drops in each of the areas i mine at to see if resource spawns changed at all. did get a IX tho

8. zylstra

zylstra Member

run 13:

ped in (tt): 76.83
    average markup: 118%
    run +/-: -68.34
    total +/-: 345.47

notes: a horrid minign run. i think i may giver it 1 more try thrn take another break if it doesnt improve.. by far my worst run EVER.

9. zylstra

zylstra Member

run 14:

ped in (tt): 99.56
    average markup: 116%
    run +/-: -43.51
    total +/-: 301.96

notes: come on MA seriously? this is loss number 4 in a row and all of the losses have been 35 ped + and im also NEVER hittign markup. in an area with 3 good markup enmats i hei the 1 that isnt for all my claims. im not liking this mining now. i guess i can try 1 more run later today before rage quitting EU for a while

10. zylstra

zylstra Member

run 15:

ped in (tt): 130.18
    average markup: 118%
    run +/-: -5.38
    total +/-: 296.58

notes: much better run... but the markup was still MIA... my big claims were banite at 115 and solis at 117 so that brought it down a ways

11. Strash

Strash Member

if you need to ..... please look up my log on planet calypso forum it's the most viewed and at one point i was -9k + be happy where you are......... and if you are not..... keep going cause it gets better

12. Strash

Strash Member

another TIP markup comes with knowledge and the ability to use all depths