1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow Pages - Who's who in trading business

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lovefall, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Ever since I started playing the game two months ago, I had mixed feelings about traders. On one side I thought they offer a great service by allowing people who only want to buy/sell (but mostly sell) small amount of goods to be able to do it. On the other hand, I was afraid (and it was proven to me that I was right to be afraid) that many will just be greedy and take advantage of the new players, of players in need of fast cash or generally of players not so good with prices, and will offer them much lower prices than it would be "fair".

So here's what I want to do... create a list of Arkadia traders (with contacts details - at minimum the in-game name and forum handle, but if they want also other contacts like e-mail or skype handle) with whatever they're buying/selling and (eventually) what price they're offering, so everyone can make and informed buying decision.

It's totally up to everyone to list how much or how less info they want - if you want to list a price (either as fixed value - ex: 2 PED/K, percent - ex: 105% MU, relative percent - ex: 2% less than weekly MU) great, if not then no problem. Same if you want to list what hours you're usually on, other contact points or anything else you consider relevant then is all great, but nothing requested.

For example list would look something like that:

* Buying Fruits
    - John Doe - 8 PED/K
    - Jackson Doe - 7 PED/K (skype: mrjackson)
    - Jane Doe - 7 PED/K (Monday-Friday, 20-23 MA time)
    - Bill Carson - price not disclosed

* Buying Sweat
    - Sweaty McSweating - 2.2 PED/K (maximum 1k/person/day)
    - Johnny Carson - 1.9 PED/K (if not online, contact my brother Bill Carson)
    - Heartless Trader - 1.2 PED/K

* Buying AUDs
    - Trader Joe - 48.5 PED

* Selling AUDs
    - Trader Joe - 50 PED

I will keep the list updated, and the only requirement to be listed on it is to post in this thread what you're buying/selling and eventually your prices or anyother relevant information.

Please note though that this is a list of traders, so people doing this long term, not for just wanting to buy/sell something one time.

IMPORTANT: I am not affiliated in any way with any person that will be listed in this thread and I don't intermediate any trades; also I don't ask or accept any share, tip or anything else. I just offer this totally FREE listing service (volunteering my time to create, sort and maintain the list) for the community. Any contact has to be done with said traders directly.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. Lovefall

Reserved for buying list.

3. Lovefall

Reserved for selling list.

4. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

Pretty cool! Looking forward to see how this'll develop.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Well, as a buyer of (mostly muscle) oils, I'd prefer not to have a price set behind my name. Prices can fluctuate and the longer the list gets the harder it is to keep every players MU on the list. It also can create an unwanted competition in buyers like most of us know in the order section. (offering 1-5pec more than the other)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Grizgal

Grizgal Active Member

Good idea but prices can be pretty dynamic and I am unsure if tarders want to commit to buying stuff at a certain price when that may well change in a couple of days.

7. Lovefall

Which would only benefit the final customer. :)

But, of course, you are free to list your trading and without a price.

Which I'm willing to update at any time. :)

Can also be expressed in like "1% cheaper than weekly MU".

Again, eventually, can also be listed just buying/selling, without a price, but those unpriced would be listed last; and, also, by looking on the priced offers, people would know about what is fair to expect. :)

8. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

... I don't think putting myself on a list would work for me. I generally trade when I want to and got the peds for it. I don't like telling people "yes I buy, but not now, I'm hunting/crafting/broke/healing so come back later."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lovefall

Yeah, that's I totally understand, I made this pretty much with people which consider trading as their main activity in EU, not someone doing it only part time or every now and then. :)

And anyway, is totally optional - who wants in, can signup, who doesn't (for whatever reasons) can still promote him/herself in all the other ways.

10. Grizgal

Grizgal Active Member

I agree. I woudn't want to be commited to buying certain items at a set price, on a list maintained by a third party. I want to test the market that day, see what others are offering before I commit to a price (or even sit it out on that item or all items for a few days). I want to buy certain things when I have cah flow and when I believe they are the right price for me. And I dont know what that is, or even when I can get online usually.

11. San

San Well-Known Member

This is a very good idea, Lovefall. Only one detail, if I was a trader I would prefer to get to decide myself if I wanted to be listed somewhere or not. I reckon most would like to signup upon the invitation though, after all a better discovery option than the primitive chat for advertising such a huge assortment of things should be most welcome.

Personally as a hopeful seller, I can't stand to spend even three minutes at Twin Peaks, maybe five at Celeste Quarry. Except for Marty I never found anyone reliable I could return to for a quick trade. I would appreciate it very much if there was an organised and maintained directory of traders saying in what sorts of items they specialize. I'd like to know if there is someone who would buy all those paints, extractors, components, hides or whatever off me. I got rid of some on occasion, but most of the time just shouted in vain. I tried a stackables trading thread on another planet's forum to zero response. Auction is unsuccessful too often, even tt'ing is cheaper than loosing auction fee on most items. Plus the waiting to pile up a stack that is worth auctioning at all (not under 10 ped). It is very frustrating.

There is no need to update every item's offer price every day, that would be sheer madness. Anyone taking on the task will tire of it within a short while, most certainly. But some guideline, maybe to the tune of "I offer 1/2 of the lower of weekly/monthly published market rate" or whatever method the trader uses to calculate, that would be cool.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Lovefall

I will not add anyone to the list by myself, but only upon their request - so that is totally up to every individual trader to sign-up or not to appear on the "directory".

Further more, everyone is able to "list" how much or how less information they feel like - some may just want to add in-game name and a list of items they trade, others may want to add and typical game play times, other contact options, prices, etc. Again, is totally up to everyone how much info they want to submit.

Is just that people that will have a price mentioned will be listed on top and on descending order of prices, so everyone can spot the very best offers.

13. Bradley Killer Kell

Bradley Killer Kell Member

A Registry of Traders is a good idea.

Some common issues come up, as some have explained. MU% Value changes constantly for one. Another is if our Big Buyers, the guys we take the Small Stacks and merge into Big Stacks for, aren't buying (Stocked up, Vacation, etc.) then we can't move our wares. Which means our PED is then tied up in Inventory that is stagnate and we likely can't bring in more Inventory at that time... sort of 'Shop Closed' until we can clear Inventory.

I am absolutely a Trader, and I try to be a Fair Trader (as the term Trader in EU seems to be only used by people that mean to say Scammer), and the more Big Crafters (the most obvious choice for Bulk Buyers) that I can move product to the better Price I can give to those I buy from.

As you can see on my Store, I'm open about pretty much everything, to include what I bought at (Person to Person trades I usually let them know what I buy at and what I can usually sell for, and I also refer to 'bigger buyers' they can wait for). For instance, with Sweat I always tell people about ieme and his 4P/K up to 5K per Person per Month Sweat Buying... I can't touch that price and I'd rather they get 20 PED a Month on that 5K than sell to me (Helps them stay in the game longer, I want the game to GROW). Obviously AFTER that 20 PED, I'm there to try to get a few Points per Trade, or if they simply can't wait for ieme then I'm there for some instant PED (not buying sweat currently, haven't got a 2P/K Buyer I can move product to).

Still, I love the idea of a Registry, and for those that specialize in a set market, clarifying markets is a solid idea.

14. Bradley Killer Kell

Bradley Killer Kell Member

Liz will buy Residues, Lizzy picks up AMO, both are very consistent and often open for business. I buy those items as well, a little under their rates, and move it to them when they are on-line also. Since I need a little MU% to make that worth my time, they are clearly the better options. Go to them first if they are on, by all means.

Just throwing out some options, I know the Items were limited but each Item that gets to them is one less to the TT.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gotabecoolman

Gotabecoolman Member

Seems like you're getting some flak. I may be the first person to be wanted added to the list but here's my info.
    Buying: Sweat 1.75/k to 1.9/k prices change within range
    Selling: Sweat 1.85/k and up

On almost every weekday 22:00 to 0:00 at the Celeste Outpost. Not offering any additional way to contact me unless upon request. IGN: Brandon Gotabecoolman Bennett

Organize this information however youde like I appreciate this thread

16. San

San Well-Known Member

17. Gotabecoolman

Gotabecoolman Member

Don't know whether to say it's a monopoly or a great service, either way it should be implemented on other smaller planets.