1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will there be PvP on Arkadia?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Max EJ, May 30, 2011.

1. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

*Moved to PvP* Someone didn't look very hard ;) lol

I'm not going to merge the threads, even though they are titled the same at the time i'm posting this, so i'm going to to modify the title of this thread so people (like me) don't get confused as to which thread it is.

2. Billy

Billy Member

I agree it was a amazing feeling to finally reach the oil rig seems so long ago I would love to have that feeling again.

3. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

It's about 'treasure finding' right? How about an Indiana Jones style cavern type of thing, or some other sort of similar obstacle course type of environment where you have to do certain things, but have to keep focused on timing of stuff... like if you are climbing a wall, there's no way to shoot your gun, but if you are on the wall you are a target and if you jump off of it or actually get over it, you can. Maybe something like American Gladiator or wipeout type of environments worked in too, where like you can't use that melee weapon until you are on an elevated platform ready to take on your enemy, etc.? Maybe more uses for whips like swinging around and stuff? Maybe have 'cameras' set up in certain spots in these environments streaming what they see in to tv type terminals, etc.? Maybe multiple pvp zones - but unlike in Calypso where it's all the same type of pvp stuff, different goals.. the Indiana Jones style Mountain, an army base you need to inflitrate, maybe even something crazy eventually like a theme park with roller coasters and stuff?

4. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Active Member

Please I beg you, keep pvp out of the Arkadia professions and activity's and such as treasure hunting etc.
    The first thing I really loved when I came here was the lack of pvp.

Now if we get a little pvp area or as I prefer something like the fort events, than I am fine with it.
    I have spend as little time as possible in pvp when I was on Calypso, but in the little time I was there I was always amazed by the totally idiotic attitude of a majority of the players I met.
    The only thing I enjoyed where the fort events when they came, and I had the feeling those attracted different players.

Anyway, just my thoughts.
    Regards,
    Ion

5. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

I've always thought PVP is just a waste of peds. Nothing else. Been killed, but never killed anyone, for the same reason. Waste of peds.

But if Arkadia will get PVP like Dobson said, then it gets PVP. I have only one vote and it doesn't count that much, but here it is anyway...

If it gets like it is atm on Amethera, that someone after PVP HoF shoots every noob he/she can find, then use the Event-system and make it possible to place bounty to whoever kills You and whole Arkadia as an Event-zone for this + killer can't use TP to escape to any other planet for the next 48 ingame-hours after each kill, if there's a bounty placed for him/her. And he/she can be killed on anywhere on Arkadia, for the whole Arkadia would be event-zone for this.

If it's a specific area for PVP-zone, then make there only one revival-station and utilize Arkadian Underground for that. Name it: "Six feet under" and this event-organizer for PVP-bounty could be found on this specific revival-station only. You could place a bounty, only for the one that killed You. There might be other open bounty-applications there, but they don't concern You, You can be after only the one that killed You.

And for PVP'ers, make it so, that no bounty is given unless x amount of players vote for the same PVP'er for it. Make it like an auc. sale where everyone could place their bid (1ped per bidder?) on whoever they would wish to get this bounty for and once the needed amount bids for a bounty is reached, killer is informed that he's got a bounty paid for his head and cannot leave Arkadia for the next 48 ingame-hours (then it wouldn't matter if he/she logged off in the mean time).

If the PVP'er has a history of reputation points earned already during earlier bounties placed for him/her, then the limit of needed bidders would be higher or cost per bid higher, for this player might have the gear to go with that reputation and if someone is willing to waste their peds/decay etc. in a effort to kill this PVP'er, the price for bounty should be higher too...

Who ever kills the killer gets the peds paid for his/her bounty.

If no-one kills the killer within then next 48 ingame-hours, bounty expires and everyone who bid for it, will get their peds back.

Current bounties paid would be found on normal event-list and there You would see how much time there's left and for whom that bounty was paid for.

Let those PVP'ers get reputation points if they manage to piss off enough other players to get a bounty. PVP'ers are always after fame. So this way they would get an Arkadian counterpart for Killing-Spree HoF's they're used to + those who got killed in the process would get a chance to get involved, other than being shot at the back while extracting that claim etc... Glolab/HoF swirleys for one who manages to kill the killer and he/she would get reputation points also, for participating and "winning" this mini-event :)

I don't mind getting killed, unless I'm extracting my claim or nearly killed a mob etc. then I would like to have a chance to use something like this PVP-event described here.

How about You, fellow Arkadians... would You use this to get that bounty placed on whoever it was that killed You on PVP?

If You are a PVP'er... would it add a new feature to PVP if You get a bounty paid for Your head? You can kill enough for that Killing Spree HoF on "Old World" but You could get a bounty paid for You, on top of that, but on Arkadia only... would that be any factor when You consider where to hunt other players. Amethera PVP4 gives You loot, Arkadia gives You a possibel bounty paid for Your head... it might give loot also, if Arkadia Dev.team makes it that way :p

Would You participate on this "Event" and check event-bounty-list for names and kill the killer just as unexpectedly as they kill their victims. Shot in the back... swirleys + got paid for the job well done + reputation points for being the "Winner" of this event + all who paid for killing this killer, would get one of those ingame messages informing them about what has happened (if they're not online when it happens).

Just my 2 cents to add something new to this if PVP is enabled on Arkadia during the next 6 months or so, as said earlier on this thread...

I believe this could be done within the system limits as Dobson said... if we use the current event system for bounty and Arkadia Underground for that "Six-feet-under" TP/revival point + place the one and only event-organizer NPC on that same "Six-feet-under" TP/revival point, so only those whom this may concern would be able to participate? And it could utilize the same Auc. system that we already have for placing bids for that bounty.

Then we would have PVP on Arkadia, but in a form that's never seen before... a whole continent as an Event-zone for this.

-- Hyssch --

• Like Like x 1
  6. Milesio

Milesio Platinum Member Platinum Member

I see how many black zone are in Arkadia map. I think in some future update we will see another continent, as Amethera in Calypso.

7. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

I actualy hope for a bit of a PVP enviroment (some area that is PVP) and for some rings like back on Calypso.

I dont usualy venture into PVP to go kill someone because I find it idiotic wasting peds to kill another player and recieve no loot out of it but on the other hand I sometimes enjou killing someone randomly in PVP (not the ring its just stupid and does not have that feeling of the hunt) to blow off some steam. When I venture into pvp to kill someone I usualy only kill that player once and depending on if the revive is close by or not I go and heal the person and let them go on with their bussiness. Ofcorce if the player comes running up to me trying to avenge his death or curse me for killing them in the first place, well then I shoot again.
    Sometimes after getting a new weapon or tiering up an existing weapon I also have the urge to go test it out on someone and venture ino pvp to look for a victom or become one myself :p.

8. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I hope we get a PvP region in Ark, for the sole reason of giving PvPers a place to use other than the space surrounding Arkadia!