1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will space have its own economy/player base?

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by Bluebard, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Bluebard

Bluebard Member

I was just wondering how many people will make space their permanent home. If you will be able to mine asteroids, killl mobs and PK in space, it seems to me that it may have its own economy and perhaps its own auction?

Just a thought.:shrug:

2. Chrome

Chrome Active Member Pro Users

Not I.

I would never call a PVP zone my home. :shrug:

3. Bluebard

Bluebard Member

Yes, I would have to agree with you there. But there are some people who would prefer to have an entire planet as PvP. Just look at the PvP bug on Calypso's Amethera Land Areas a while back. It was an all out PK fest in some LAs for a while.

4. Chrome

Just because there was a (non-lootable?) PVP fest for a short period of time on Amethera doesn't imply that those individuals would prefer to have an entire planet as PVP.

That's simply rediculous to assume that . :)

5. Bluebard

Bluebard Member

Wouldn't it also be ridiculous to assume that those kinds of players don't exist in the game?

6. Chrome

I'm sure there are a select few who may enjoy full-time PVP.

As you stated in your thread topic, maybe they will make a permanent home in space.

If you go, have fun. I'll be on Arkadia :)

7. strangelove

strangelove Member

I am just hoping that Ark has a permanent population. Auction is down to 130 pages, a 50% drop over the past two weeks.

8. Bluebard

Bluebard Member

I'm sure the content release in August will give the Arkadian economy a boost.

9. red

red Member

it had always been my intention, over my long almost eight year, to make space my home.

however, I don't care for pvp. space is very large, at least real universe space.

I guess we'll all know more, come tuesday.

10. strangelove

strangelove Member

And vehicle bp book is empty at this time so I hope some nice space vehicles will be released on tuesday to juice up the economy up here. That would be sweet.

11. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Hmmm what an interesting question. I'll be interested to see the answer to this *subscribing*

*Moved to EU*

12. billairboy

billairboy Member

I think the space will be a bit limited in size and content when it launch, but maybe after a year of more development and content updates it will have content enough to make it possible you "home". And it i understadd it correctly one of the future "planets" will be space based.

13. DaisyColdFinger

DaisyColdFinger Member

They do exist, and we will be there :D

If there are no auctions for space, there will most likely be traders selling stuff from all planets. SPACE after all will be the midway point between the worlds, no interplanetary traveler can avoid :D

14. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

It makes sense that each planet should have a trade-barier/border encompassing a diameter of a few parsecs in space. Would be interesting to see if space-pirates have their own astroid space base outside all trading regions :)

15. Stagger

Stagger Member

just 2 more days people, 2 more days :rolleyes:

back on topic
    if i would lay my hands on a spaceship i would definatly be around up in the black eternity a lot!
    So there will be a playerbase i assume.

16. dee

dee Member

Well, there will atleast be some non-PvP zones.

"PVP fighting in the entire universe except in the parking zones outside the space stations. "

17. Bluebard

Bluebard Member

I'm imagining revival terminals at the space stations and 'jump' stations for quick travel once you have it on your list (like TPs). Those who have braved the vast expanse between planets and have logged the various jump points would be able to avoid at least some of the space 'pirates'

18. Bluebard

Bluebard Member

Looks like you called it, Mistress.:p

19. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

The upcomming "Planet" Theryon Wars (or however they spell that) will have a very strong focus on Space. It will even go so far that the devs wrote it would be more of an area in space than an actualy planet. I think I read that in the latest Entropia Times magazine so maybe take a look at that if you are interested in making space your home. Theryon Wars should be your best bet then. I donĀ“t think that the space areas between planets will ever be the permanent home of someone. Even the Hardcore PKers will become bored of it's emptiness eventually. So it will need PPs to develop space areas.