1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Planet Arkadia Be The Planet We've Hoped For?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Larkin, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Member

We can go in them together ;)

Agree thatALL caves would make a dull world but an exciting maze of caves to discover would be cool. Especially if some had water in that you needed to dive in to reach other bits

2. Wistrel

Wistrel Member

And while i'm here. Environmental audio please! :)

3. boost

boost Member

yes agree with audio , would like some voices in audio like when i come into harbour talking about arrivals and any thing related to enviroment or story , game;)

4. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

yay I second that but since it has never been done before I am not really hoping to get it. (that's what the thread is about though.)

5. krm398

krm398 Member

I understand what your saying, I play a single player space game where there's background noise when you dock at a station, like announcements for ships that have to be moved right away because their parking permit has expired, and shipping people calling because papers are missing. Not really anything about us, but just things you'd expect to hear when your in that situation.

On calypso we can hear animals growling and birds chirping all around us, so I expect there will be some things like that on Arkadia too.

6. Calin

Calin Member

If you approach a waterfall you start hearing it. Wouldn't it work the same way?

7. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

Well ofc implementing the sound wasn't what I was thinking about. More like the additional time and money costs to hire proper voice actors... oh and please don't make some random devs read a few lines in their extra hours of working. Because that doesn't create atmosphere for the player it destroys it. -.-

8. Calin

Calin Member

Ah ok. Yeah it would have to be done well to not be cheesy. (Voice volunteer here)

9. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

loots

i do hope the loot items are not gigantic in size like Rocktropia and NI they are so annoying they take up so much room :(

10. Lazz

Lazz Active Member

When i started PE it was all new to me i had no experience what so ewer of anything like it, i belive/hope that Arkadia will be kind of the next steep for me in this amacing world. With similuar experience as i had back in 2004, when i was just big eyes stroling around and explored as much i could hehe :)
    So far i think it all look very promissing and i just wish i could get started there asap ;D

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Member

Ah you three have clearly never been to the calypso new arrivals area :) it's got loads of stuff like that. Ship noises, announcements lost luggage calls the lot. Possible one of the most immersive areas on the planet!

What I was actually getting at with "environmental audio" though was stuff like having your footsteps echo all around you and bounce off walls etc when you are in a cave or canyon. Dopler shifts when cars fly bycans so firth. We have positional audio that works pretty well but still no audio effects which is weird cause crysis had them I'm fairly sure.... Weird entropia or at least calypso doesn't...

Wistrel