1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Arkadia attract new players?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by AxeMurderer, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

You can download and create an account but if you start playing you'll first start on the newly created Genesis.

So either stick to downloading or at most don't go any further than Genesis. If you go any further i.e. go to Calypso / RT / NI you'll end up in the same position we are - a 40ped transport fee.

2. dude

dude Active Member

Really I did not know that . So new players have to pay a fee before they even start. That makes no sence

3. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

No no no what's he's saying is to just chill at the Gateway so that you don't have to pay the 40 ped fee when Arkadia starts :) It doesn't cost anything to get from Gateway to one of the planets (if I remember correctly). So if you wait on Gateway then you should get a free trip to Arkadia ;)

4. dude

dude Active Member

Sorry I mis-understood Spikes comment. Now it makes perfect sense

5. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

a most important point IMHO:

As it looks Arkadia will be swarmed by huge hordes of seasoned EU participants the very moment it opens.

I hope this has been thought of - new incomers on Arkadia will have a hard time competing with many, many people that have several years in this game already, and that have storage values unbelievable to these poor nOObs ...

Have fun!

PS: Why can't I enter CR/LF's if I don't allow everything in NoScript? -> PM maybe, would be off topic here, thx! :)

6. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

FLick Van or me a PM and we'll see what we can do

7. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

Well, allowed "arkadiaforum.com" in NoScript now, and since that it works.

Before, with every "Preview post" all return chars have been stripped - funny :)

Have a good time!