1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is the item drop rate in hunting so low?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Sitram, May 30, 2011.

1. Sitram

Sitram Member

I got 12 globals yesterday on Arkadia and none of them had any items.

I asked around and apparently I'm not the only one who experienced this. Lots of medium to hardcore hunters are disappointed about the low frequency of item drop from hunting.

Why is the drop rate of L items in hunting so low? :shrug:

2. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

I have no idea but I sure hope for some official comment on it. I refused to leave Arkadia over it... but I am not online much untill it´s fixed. I have my hopes up for next VU but well we´ll see.

3. Manny

Manny Member

Unfortunately, drops are regulated by MA so i don't think there's much that the A-team can do about it.
    Keep in mind though that usually after the discovery the drop rates on items increase, so we should be getting more as time goes by.
    If you happen to loot my moonshine edition weapon though that i seem to have missplaced in a mob somewhere, i'll be happy to give you a finders fee of say... 10 ped? :D

4. Faye

Faye Member Pro Users

Oh I have that one .....

But proably because none use the guns yet the demand is very low for them. but if you use them and the are at almost minimal conditon please dontate them to the L weapon musuem

5. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

David I think the MA balancing manager is holding out on Arkadia, everyone is up here, lots of globals, bugger all items....?

6. Pogny

Pogny Member

i saw ESI on Huon, i discovered crappy armor on Zadul... And nothing, weapon are dropping on Kadra and oratan... farmed Oweko and nothing... I did 12globals lots of 30-40 pedish... and still no items :huh: looks the muluk they give fap, rocket, boar(l) and you dont need glob to get it ...

could we have mid repaired stuff too ?

plz MA

7. Manny

Manny Member

Could you share more info on that discovery or update Entropedia's page about Zadul ?

8. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Items may be a bit slow to work their way into the system, they are out there and on every mob. The balance/loot is all done by MA though who are monitoring and adjusting until the balance is correct.

9. Pogny

Pogny Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cani Ostro

Cani Ostro Member

The first batch has been looted, so none left. Easy as that.

Next batch gets release with this weeks update, so be sure to first in after the update and go hunting.

Been always like that with MA in charge of the loot distribution. Remember SGA? Items only dropped upto 3 days after an update. Since Arkadia has probably no regular loots yet (as MA needs to "balance" -yeah right- it), that is your most viable chance of item loot, imo.

11. Manny

Manny Member

And you get that from where exactly? Especially since we had discoveries both yesterday and today, i find hard to find the basis of that statement.

12. helena

helena Member

i cycled about 30k peds since opening and looted only a low value /level L blade. Considering the incredible amount of people hunting and the thousands of global already earned, it is very surprising that no UL weapon have been droped yet. They may not be in the lootpool actually. I m pretty sure ma is trying to nerf arkadia's loot since the return rate is actually pretty insane (last 3 days)

13. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

F$%K me, 30K, you could buy a UL weapon for that! Shame on MA for not dropping UL items!

14. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Helena was talking about a turnover of 30k peds, a lot of hunters cycle that in less then a week. There are hunters that turned over millions of peds on calypso without finding an unlimited item :)

Although a bunch of limited items should have dropped in that turnover.

15. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

It has already been stated that UL drops are linked to new player arrivals, not existing players coming over from other planets. I will try to find the quote for you here, just let me search.

EDIT: I just looked through 8 pages of quotes and can't seem to find it. I missed it somewhere, but I am certain that it was said at one point by David.

16. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

I know the item droprate is in MAs hands... but the first part is still an understatement. ^^

17. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

18. Telgard

Telgard Member

Just because you're first doesn't mean you get the worm my good friends. :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stryker

Stryker Member

Just under 78k ped ammo (103k in ammo/decay/enhancers) turnover on Arkadia since launch. 2 swords which haven't sold for 120%. It's very very hard to justify staying here unless this is fixed soon.

20. Sitram

Sitram Member

Second day on arkadia and still no items looted.

Does anyone know where small yuka are?