1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is the trippiest place on Arkadia?

Discussion in 'Geography' started by Skandis, May 28, 2011.

1. Skandis

Skandis Member

Exploring around Calypso and Amethera every now and then, I've come to the realisation that some places must've been designed under the influence of cubensis.

Nea's place is an excellent example of this, with purple ground and deep red plants. Heck, most of the vegetation on Calypso looks decently trippy (or resembles sexual organs).

So, have anyone found trippy spots on Arkadia yet?
    Although places that make you go "w... t... f..." are preferred, really good looking views are acceptable as well.

2. Dragon Moon

Dragon Moon Member

In the middle of a huge spawn of Owekos... a sea of orange-atrox-battleaxe-tigers... :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Lol ... yea that kinda sums them up :p

-Bemo-

4. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

Wel the Kitties on planet looks trippy to me. But havent had any L*D while on arkadia
    Stupid idea to try and play EU in that state, first everything moves and colors mix, secondly you spend the better part of the trippy state running around the same place or just stairing at the same tree or spot, 3rd you cant figure out our own controles :p, 4th There is a lot of better things to do during that time.

5. Chiba

Chiba Member

Epic thread! Must subscribe and see if I manage to find something I can somehow twist into being a sexual organ... I see stuff DAILY that could easily be mistaken for something completely different than what it is...

6. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

This could be a good laugh

*Subscribed*

7. Stagger

Stagger Member

*subscribing aswell :)
    i'd like to see some exotic wtf moments ingame :D

8. Fifth

Fifth Member

Well, that's old Calypso, not much hope finding this stuff on any other planet. Even on Calypso u can only find it in the old pre-VU10 mobs and vegetation, all the new stuff seems to be different style.

Could be there was some ancient concept in MA that tried to inflence the subconscious?
    Or maybe it wasn't official at all, just one designer with a little peculiar taste?
    Guess we'll never know..

9. isclay

isclay Active Member

*subscribed* :p

10. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

I think the trippiest on Arkadia are probably the instances. The stairwells of insanity are impossible to navigate drunk I tried, I can only imagine what they would be like while tripping out LOL. But rest of Arkadia is pretty uniform and like normal wilderness no real wacky color patterns for alieness to the land.

11. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

That's what I love about Arkadia... it doesn't look like it was designed by someone on hallucinogens. A little more exotic stuff might be nice, interesting stuff like the underwater glowing pillars on Calypso.

12. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Well, the psychedically coloured giant artichokes now evident near Celeste Outpost might qualify now as Arkadia's trippiest place. :)

13. Slacker

Slacker Member

Underground is pretty trippy - the colors, the mobs, the plants (or are they mushrooms?)

Arkadia surface is indeed not very trippy, I believe designers went for the beauty-of-nature look.

Fog in the ice region can get dreamy, especially when you see a mountain or one of those weird plants appear right in front of you.

• Old Old x 4
  14. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

on la3 . There are smiley trees. Every tree (or stump) has a smiley face. Coupled with the fog.. you almost get an Alice in Wonderland feel