1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where was your avatar born

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by SallyBridges, Dec 8, 2014.

Where were you "born"??

Poll closed Dec 22, 2014.
  1. Planet Arkadia

12.7%
  2. Planet Calypso

85.7%
  3. Rocktropia

1.6%
  4. Next Island

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Planet Cyrene

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Planet Toulan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Moon Monria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. May

May Active Member

Yes, I wonder what would happen if we would be allowed to have 1 (birth) change; at for instance the moment when your avatar becomes 10 years old.
    How many people would take that opportunity to change their birth planet?
    Which planet would they choose, and for what reason?

Woop, congratulations on being newly born. [​IMG]
    A new beginning on the Green Planet: 2015 is off to a good start!

2. Aziphirael

Aziphirael New User

Hey all and Happy New Year. Missed they survey but I was born on Planet Calypso 2002 when I received the CD for the Commercial Open Trial in December of that year :)

Have to say it's definitely changed a lot. But I like Arkadia because it reminds me of Entropia in the early days when the original pioneers set foot in the universe.

3. wournos

wournos Active Member

If they did that now... :arghh:
    But yeah, would definitely be interesting. I have a feeling Caly would lose some citizens. But so could every other planet, I guess.

4. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Interesting question, but I very much doubt that they would ever do that. First: Calypso is where most players originate from and therefor would suffer the most from players shifting their birth planet, and with Calypso being MindArks foster child that's not in their interest. Second: conspiracy theories about favorite players will run wild when one gets an ATH hours/ days after birth planet shift. Third: I believe it goes against the purpose of Entropia Universe where each Planet Partner has to do it's own best to attract (and hold) new players. With all her faults and bugs, it was Calypso for most of us that did just that for years.
    The only likelyhood for this is when MindArk is confident that players will pay xk PEDs for a birth planet shift.

5. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

I don't know about changing birth planet, since it's kinda tied to how MA and PP divide up profits, but adding a citizenship system could be interesting... Supposedly CLD will bring that type of thing in eventually. It'd be nice if the planet you are a citizen of allowed you to tp to it once a week for free or something similar, kinda like an advanced version of how the higher level tp chips work with tp to home.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

MA has kinda silently dropped the CLD citizenship system thing and I have my doubts it will come at all, last time I heard them even mention it was the buyback event.

7. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

Latest news so far here — http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2014/05/28/Communication-and-development-roadmap.xml
    But MA Time — that's like Valve Time.

For example "... will be distributed very soon (probably by tomorrow)" could mean never ;) (we got that reply over 3+ years ago).

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015