1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where oh where is the orange paint?

Discussion in 'Missions' started by Detritus, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Detritus

Detritus Member

Y'all can guess what mission I'm doin'. I've managed to grind almost everything, but the orange paint is killing me.

I've even gone to Caly and now Rock to try and farm it. I've gone through most of the mobs that supposedly drop it "very often", but apparently "very often" means a couple of cans per hour.

I don't want to have to buy it, especially since it's probably the highest MU component on the whole list, but I can't find any mob that drops it at a comfortable rate. Since EP is a bit out of date, I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on this. I should note that I'm still a noob so I'm looking for lower level mobs.

2. slither

slither Active Member

Orange paint has been pretty rare for a while now. The mobs on wiki are probably correct, it just doesn't drop as often as it did.

3. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

Tiarak drop orange paint out at the event area, but the paints seem to come in waves, I believe same is true of Jori

• Like Like x 1
  4. Detritus

Detritus Member

I have gotten it from both of those mobs, but in waves as you said. The waves are very sparse though, I've only managed about 400 cans over the past month; that's why I was hoping I was just barking up the wrong tree and there was some mob out there that dropped a lot of it. It seems odd that Arkadia has set up the mission this way... the other paints are only a few hundred cans (which was not easy in itself), but 3000 cans for such a rare material seems a bit extreme. It's almost like they purposefully set it up to force trade.

5. Ostrander

Ostrander Member

You mention that you've already been to RT, did you try the large Daikiba spawn SE of Daki Ridge TP? They used to drop the orange buckets like crazy a few months ago. I just arrived back on RT yesterday and seems it's slowed down a bit (about 20 cans in 50 mobs), but I haven't had any lengthy runs on daki yet. I'll do some long ones tonight and see how it looks, but you could do worse on a lot of other mobs I'm sure. GL :)

6. Detritus

Detritus Member

I did, actually. You got lucky; I hunted them for about 3 hours and got about the same amount as you. I had better luck with Motorhead Security, but still slow. All in all it's sounding like this is simply a rare item that I have to decide if I want to grind for the next year or just buy.

7. Lizzy Storm

Lizzy Storm Active Member

At the time the Viceroy mission started the orange paint was all over the place and it was the kind of stuff you couldn't get rid of no matter how hard you tried (apart from the TT ofc.)
    At a certain point the balancing team (MindArk, not Arkadia Studio's) made the choice to lower the droprate of some of the paints that are used for the armor set. (Yellow & Orange I am aware of)

The information on the creatures dropping the paint is correct, only the droprate has changed.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  8. Detritus

Detritus Member

Ah I see. Makes more sense now. I guess I'm just too late to the party.

So that new players don't have to suffer due to MindArk's myopia, it seems like Arkadia Studios could change up the mission requirements, provided the TT value remains the same. Maybe swap the paints for some of these animal skins that I can't get rid of.

9. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Now tell me something, where the hell Viceroy is orange? If they ask absurd ammounts of paint they could at least add the damn color to the final product. I believe instead of paints they should replace with metal residue, would make more sense. But we can't always blame the coding guy for all mistakes, so this time we should blame the director or the developer for the poor choices.

10. Lizzy Storm

At the time that the mission was created, materials were picked that was there in abundance. A way to 'save' some materials from the TT and giving them an extra opportunity to be sold with MU.
    The director is not to blame for this, it's the balancing team from MA HQ that lowered the droprate exponentially.

And please, don't flame the Arkadia staff for this if you don't know the whole story behind their choices and product.

11. Detritus

Detritus Member

I disagree with your rancor. By that same logic, where is the wood? The wool? I wouldn't want orange armor anyway. I don't have an issue with them choosing materials that don't make any sense; as Lizzy already pointed out, I'm sure the reason was to infuse some much needed MU into the ecosystem. I just wish that the teams were better coordinated, so that before drastically lowering the drop-rate of something that was previously in abundance, MA could have given Arkadia the opportunity to rebalance the mission.

12. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

Something that has 200+% MU is unlikely to occur in significant amounts in mobs that have iron missions on them.

The only iron mob from which I can recall getting 100+ cans per 100 PED was small combibo, and that was quite some time ago. Small bokols may drop a couple dozen, other iron mobs even fewer.

Most of my orange comes from Cyrean non-iron mobs (finned tree dragon, scout bot collector xt); seen some in good ol' Caly snablesnots as well.

13. Detritus

Detritus Member

It's funny how life works sometimes. I finally finished grinding the rest of the components, and just made the decision to go ahead and buy the orange paint. Of course, coincidentally today they have released the Viceroy upgrade mission, and quite literally all the orange paint has been bought up. I can't wait to see what the MU will be if/when I finally find some.

Dear Arkadia staff, please revisit this mission's requirements!

14. Sionkiewicz

Sionkiewicz Member

Bokol drop it also..

15. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

If I remember I might login and dump what I've got in storage on the auction. Had loads of the stuff previously and as I refuse to do missions I may as well sell it.

Last time I downloaded an inventory I had over 7500 cans of orange (may have sold it since then though so no guarantee). What size stacks are required as I'll split it into the required sizes.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  16. Ostrander

Ostrander Member

Believe now the Viceroy mission requires 3000 orange paint cans. That does seem high as OP stated, I did mission a long time ago, anyone know it's always been this quantity?

17. Lizzy Storm

Yes, it has always been that much. There are old posts on the forums about the mats that prove it too.

18. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

Tiaraks at sanctuary cove is where I got all my orange paint, doing the level 4 mission now and I have a ton of it lol

19. CalMJ

CalMJ Member

Any changes/updates on where Orange paint can be obtained?