1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are the new weapons?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Neil, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Where are the new weapons that were supposed to drop in loot 2 VUs ago? Has anyone looted a new weapon yet? This would include long range, SIB and non-SIB UL weapons.

2. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

Was wondering the same thing ... :confused: ... maybe they're so rare like smuggler ones :shrug:

3. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Maybe they are waiting til we have enough vases and jars found for target practice once the new ones show up? 8=}}

This is MA controlling loot prolly wont see one til a Caly uber shows up and drops a random bomb and goes.. Ohh look what I got by accident.

4. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

I would be happy to find ANYTHING, no matter what... getting pretty pissed after so many hours of mining...

5. Milesio

Milesio Platinum Member Platinum Member

You talk about weapons. I do not have any vase at the moment. :D

6. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Just to be clear, the weapons are hunting loot that hasnt dropped (as far as we know). You don't get them from mining.

7. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

cause i haven't had time to hunt to loot one yet duh

8. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

Remember reading somewhere that the Treasure mining can result in looting weaps & armors ... think in David's interview b4 Treasure lunch ...

No matter, still wondering why any of these hasn't dropped yet :mad:

• A shipment of prototype longer ranged BLP and laser rifles has gone missing after a supply shuttle crashed. The first rescue teams to the crash site found the area picked clean of all valuables. Colonists are advised to keep an eye on their loot for these items.
    • Introduction of unlimited Standard Issue Rifle (SIR), a longer ranged BLP rifle series, looted only.
    • Introduction of unlimited Range Adjusted Weapon (RAW), a longer ranged laser rifle series, looted only.

9. Neil

If I understood correctly, there are two classes of weapons. The ones in Lucky A's post above, supposed to be found in hunting loot, and some ancient Arkadian ones you can find in treasure hunting. Though whether the ancient ones are available thru ordinary SOOTOs or through the upcoming instances, I don't know.

I'm more interested in the new, long range weapons (I think the ancient ones are all melee).

10. Calin

Calin Member

I'm looking forward to finding 'something' aside from the basic stackables. Thousands of drops without an artifact is kind of a bummer.

11. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

Yes Neil, you are RIGHT - was my understanding at the time too. Thanks for claryfing ;)

Lack of drops by now can mean one of these imho : either they're uterly rare UL weaps and was no lucky enough guy so far, or MA screwed up something and with next VU we might see a raindrop of new weaps :p

12. Raven Lunchbox

Raven Lunchbox Adviser Arkadia Adviser

I have cycled tens of thousands of peds since these vu's and no weapons or new items from hunting to be found yet. the same goes for mining, no artifact whatsoever, Ive only cycled a few thousand ped mining but only 2 globals is pretty hard to swallow.

It has also seemed to me that lately very few items are dropping or is that just me?

If you wanna know what mobs drop what, come to my thread and see. please post your items discovered or looted and from what mob. or treasure items found.

Please read the rules for the thread so it stays easy to follow and update.

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?4297-Arkadia-Treasure-Armor-Weapon-Fap-Item-Gear-drop-info

13. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Dev team? Any comments? Are these weapons meant to be dropping or are they reserved for the New Instances?

14. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

The rifles are in hunting loot, they are meant to be rare and seem to be taking time to start dropping, like you guys, I'm hopeful we'll see some start dropping soon. The feedback is helpful; we'll review the rarity and discuss with Mindark to ensure an adequate supply is being released.

Treasure Hunting has numerous artefacts to be found. Of course the pots are going to be the easiest to find, weapons and armour which are distinctly Arkadian are certainly rarer but much more interesting.

Instances will see their own set of new loot coming, we are currently aiming to release the first instance in August (the instance will create an opportunity to use any 1 of the 10 keys - so you will be able to choose which key to use to enter which in turn will create the matching instance difficulty).

15. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

i have a follow up question here. as i understand these found items are sooto´s but are they only found while droping bombs for treasure or are these sooto´s universal.
    can you find an ancient amphora/armor/etc. while bombing for ores and enmatts?

regards,
    hideo

16. Neil

I had this same question, but got distracted before I could ask it...

Same here, though only cycled a couple thousand peds hunting (been concentrating on TH and crafting). The hunting globals I've had so far have all been oils (mostly thyroid oil, actually). I'd expect to have seen at least half a dozen items drop with that amount and type of mobs I was hunting. I did see an abundance of items drop right before the VU, maybe that was just chance, or maybe MA felt they needed to dial the items back a bit... and went a bit too far.

17. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

They can only be found whilst Treasure Hunting

18. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

Thanks a lot for clarification.

19. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

yea nice to know i got a chance at looting something for keeps while hunting havn't looted something UL that i would keep forever in a long time. Got some nice L guns but they only last so long....

20. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

What happens when i search all three at the same time, do i have two chances for a sooto with ores/enmatters and one chance for a sooto with treasure hunting? So can i technically get three sooto's with one drop?