1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is wrong with mining!

Discussion in 'Mining' started by ruskea, Jul 3, 2014.

1. ruskea

ruskea Member

im at the end of my limit.. being pushed away from arkadia which has been my home for the past 1.5 years.. providing tons of resources to keep crafting alive here.. chasing the stuff needed by crafters but cant do it when 14/15 of 600ped runs end up being in 40-70% tt return

tt return in crap
    hit rate is crap
    claim sizes are crap (takes approximately 10+ lvl7 amps to break that ample size cap)

MU is the only good thing but that doesnt save anything when were talking about these tt returns..

is Arkadia discouraging ppl to mine here therefore killing the arkadia crafting because not enuf materials on the market

and im not talking about few weeks now.. im talking about last 6ish months but it sure felt like it went down even more after the underground came

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

All because of too many freakin hunting events that need to be funded by the avg player base not cycling a bajillion ped per hour. Im pretty much done with mining myself at this point. Cant get anything above a VI normal mining planet side. You have to be an amp gambler to mine underground. Then add to the automatic 34% tt return raping every time an event starts its just not worth the effort anymore to be frank.

Many normal miners are fed up with every run being a loss. its near impossible to get a 5 dollar global outta MA their ass is puckered so tightly now. I have been seriously debating tting everything I have after selling off my apartment and skills and putting all that into deeds. Then merely log in twice a year to withdrawl.

I wont even go into the fact that most of the big mining claims have been from hunters randomly dropping a probe here and there with big amps and getting rewarded with towers and aths to cover their hunting losses.

3. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Ohh this is starting to get scary, i'm partially agreeing with Bill. Think I need a break from EU for a while :)

I stopped mining at the start of the year, because of the many many 50-70% tt returns (i know it should even out in the end, but it's just no fun this way).

4. Vadio

Vadio Member

I missing crafters ;)

5. ruskea

ruskea Member

i would stop mining and start hunting again but im missing the payback and were talking about amounts so big that no mob i can kill can drop that kinda loot these days

6. Calin

Calin Member

Exactly. I really miss mining as it used to be. Loss, gain, loss, gain, loss, gain isn't too bad, but loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss doesn't do it for me.

7. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Don't know about you guys, but am doing reasonably well mining in the Ark Underground.

I do make the occasional losses, but over the pass month, been pretty good actually. Even yesterday had a decent run.

Am there often burning a level 5 amp.
    :shrug:

8. Cyborg Bill

As stated before.. NORMAL miners take it in the ass.. amp gamblers seem to be happy. Amp gambling hunters REALLY rule the mining game these days

9. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Not sure where you're getting your data but mining returns for unamped runs have been fine since April. There are better days and worse days but on average it's normal, 95% TT return or so including decay. It seems that most miners complaining about loot don't have a long term perspective but are instead looking at returns from very short runs. Of course you need to drop enough in a run (we do 200-266 drops and that's really the minimum) or your returns will be erratic, and you need to practice good mining technique. Consistently low returns (median return less than 78% on 20 runs or more) is a sign that something is wrong with your technique.

If you're not getting a long term average hit rate of 29.5%, make it your goal to figure out how to do that.

10. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

Im not having any problems mining. I have only had 2 sub 80%TT runs on Ark ever but then I also mine like a boss... no short runs.

11. ruskea

ruskea Member

"short runs" i guess 3k+ ped daily is called a short run (all tho its all about the amp u use) even tho i calculate it as a small chunks which should make it easier to break that 70% return cap but no.. ive watch ur go and u sure seem to be one lucky bastard.. even with the treasure SOOTOS.. so no wonder u say its "okay"

12. Cyborg Bill

So basically what I see ALL of you saying is that if you cant cycle 300 dollars a run several times a day you cant begin to think of getting balanced return. So that to me says basically if you are not rich you will take it in the ass to pay for the financially better off players to have fun while you are bound to lose eternally.

K Gotcha...

Works on putting plan b into actions. stop playing and just sit on deeds and start leeching the game bi annually.

13. ruskea

ruskea Member

well it sure feels like sitting on deeds is the way to go.. or withdraw.. which is better option

14. Neil

I didn't say that.

If amps are not working for you, try unamped. If you use LBML, have under 90% TT return after 10k drops then we'll talk. If you're not using LBML and/or dropping on the same spots more than once or if you're following some weird theory like perception gains, then I can't help you.

15. ruskea

ruskea Member

why do i need LBML.. cant i have all the info i need inside my head? or in my own excel sheets.. and if amps are not working on me but working on others aint there some kinda bug/flaw in the game? fivedolla said he had 80%+ tt return and hes blasting with terra amp 4 i guess?

i dont even rebomb the claims anymore coz i noticed it long time ago that its pointless these days (worked well before mining fix)

and the same amps with same finders worked well at the end of last year.. why would i suddenly not know how to mine anymore

16. Neil

You need LBML because without it you are likely to have bad returns. :p In the past you may have had decent returns without it because nobody else was using it and everyone was dropping blind. Over the past year the userbase has increased. The mining profession will return ~100% TT on probes on average over the whole playerbase. But on an individual basis, if you're not at least average in mining efficiency you can get less than that. LBML helps because it shows the map of your run with drop circles and claims, you can identify where you have already dropped and catch clusters without overlapping. It also shows helpful statistics like hit rate that helps you know when to move or stop.

17. ruskea

ruskea Member

sigh u really make me cry blood.. i know how it works.. i know what my find range is.. ive mined for freaking 8 years.. i dont need any programs to do the obvious for me

18. Kosh

Kosh Member

But you were complaining about hitrate and TT return 8 years ago too ;)

19. Neil

You replied before I was finished editing my post. I've given a reason why you may have done fine without LBML in the past but not any longer: mining is PVP... you're competing against other miners and if you're not using the efficiency-maximizing tools the others are, you won't get as good TT return.

20. ruskea

ruskea Member

true but ive never lost at this rate before... and back then the hit rate was crappy but u tend to score globals and hofs way more often