1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best startup TT weapon setup for new players?

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by AttacKat, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Another small point. When your skills and equipment are good enough, start on the missions; for the moment, there are only the Oro missions. If you're going to be a hunter, then you'll be killing something anyway; might as well make it Oros, and get the free skills from completing the parts of this mission.

They also drop a lot of oro hide, and personally I think that when the Arkadia texture BPs are put in game this hide is going to make nice-looking clothes and hence be quite valuable.

2. Stagger

Stagger Member

personally i don't think that rookie equipment is right for the real game,
    keep rookie equipment at rookie area's like genesis.
    I'd rather see more newbs sweat and stimulate the market for perhaps upcoming releases of mindforce chips.
    they can earn enough from sweating to hunt with a basic weapon and try to get the hang of this game.

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Making those early ped deposits last is really good for player retention and rookie hunting gear is great for that. And rookie gear is not just for noobies. My soc does regular team kiwio hunts. Very eco and fun. We also recommend to our new members that they stay with kiwio for quite a few levels.

I think introduction of rookie gear was a reallysmart move by the caly dev team (whoever they were at the time).

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

4. JohnCapital

JohnCapital Member

Back when sweat was 15 ped/k this was true. However, at ~2 ped/k, frankly it's simpler to just toss in a $10USD (or whatever is comparable in your currency) deposit. You get ~97 ped, after bank fees.

• Herman ASI-10 (L) - 5.00
    • Light BLP Ammo - 50.00
    • 2x MAKO FAL-1 (L) (or 3x MANTA K-1 (L)) - 30.00
    • GYRO FAP-2 (L) - 5.00
    • ~7 ped for auction fees, etc.

Total = ~97 ped, and you can have days of fun, depending how fast you hunt, and how you manage your loot. You may not need to deposit for another 15-30 days.

I don't believe there's any rookie hunting gear in the ARK TT, so that's not an option.

5. Chrome

Chrome Active Member Pro Users

Somewhere between level 30-50. :)

By the way, I started with shortblades a few years ago as a new player on Calypso...
    Kept it as my "main" profession until about level 16, then started leveling both blp pistol and rifle together.

I didn't decide to "specialize" until about level 35. :)

6. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

SIB for weapons is just a way to spend more peds to get more skills. If you want skills i think it is cheaper to buy a few skill chips in auction, and only use weapons you have maxed.

7. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Also the TT armor does not do a lot but add in some 2a armor plates and you have a decent set of starting defence

8. Bamaken

Bamaken Member

I've been playing only few months and have seen all the posts on all forums.
    It keeps coming down to simple math calculate your cost on every run no matter what you
    use and the time of enjoyment it gave you. (Keep it simple!)

You must try all types at lower levels its cheaper to find what tickles your fancy.