1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a Tier?

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by miteke, Dec 20, 2012.

1. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

There are many reasons to use enhancers. You would need to work out for yourself if it is worth it on the item you are using.
    Generally i can say that most of them can have a very nice benefit if used correctly. (range enhancers on knife make little sense for example).

As for tt items i only use a tt-fap and i use a medical economy enhancer on it, and it works out great and i save some pec by using them at their current break rate.
    (so I'm claiming, quite opposite to what Kinnison claims that the breaking rate is affected by the base cost of the item it is attached to)

Normally i wouldn't suggest putting enhancers on tt weapons, but i was pleasantly surprised with the positive effect on healing tools (and armors), so i would say go for it and give them try and see how they work out.

Benefits can be:
    -faster killing speed
    -less armor/fap decay
    -fewer deaths

If the breaking rate is at 1 enhancer per 2k uses then it is really not worth it, if one breaks per 10k it would start to make sense.
    That's part of the fun of this universe, trying to find out what works, and what doesn't :)
    Just get 5 and see how long they last so you can have a general idea of the break rate.

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I have seen a statement from MA (please don't ask me to find it) that break rate is affected by the lvl of benefit received. I interpret this as, for example weapon damage enhancers will break more often on high dam weapons. This is supported by the limited data I have collected.

3. miteke

miteke Member

I have used attachments and enhancers now and there is one major benefit I have received. Because I am starting out, the weapons at my disposal are very limited by my profession levels. The enhancers and attachments help me most by being able to stretch my pathetic weapons to allow me to take on bigger challenges than I would have normally been able to take on. For example, because I have a damage boosting attachment on my pathetic TT laser rifle, I am able to take on Zadul which would normally kick my butt. So, for that reason alone, I like them. I wish I could put enhancers on it, but it has not reached tier 1 yet, and when it does I will probably be wanting to move on to something better. So, for now I am using enhancers on my limited items such as the TT sword and the corrosive mindcraft chip which seems to tier up at a ridiculous rate. Too bad decent enhancers are so dang expensive in auctions (MU, not actual PED costs - I know 30 PED is nothing, but the 300% MU is).

4. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Hehe yes that is the trouble with enhancers, on the other hand it enables hunters and miners to sell their loot (Pyrite/output amplifiers/nova fragments/sockets) for a bit of markup as well.

5. Bandido

Bandido Member

Okay then, I was able to use an enhancer on my TerraMaster and Ripper but due to decay I had to TT them both. my new Terraster does not tier up anymore. what is my problem with bringing up my TerraMaster up to the proper tier. I've gone through at least three of them and no open slot anymore.

6. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

Sounds to me like it might be time for a virtual entrepreneur to open up an enhancer crafting business and increase supply which might bring down prices a bit. Not that I've researched it at all. Maybe someone will though.

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There's no reason to use depth enhancers on a TT finder. You only get a few meters more average search depth, which makes no difference at all in what you will find. Best to spend the money on probes and skill up faster so you can use deeper finders. You don't really start finding a lot of different stuff until you reach 400m.

8. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

My personal experiences with enhancers:

Healing:
    Eco medical tools have great benifits when using the medical tool enhancers. Heals more for only small amount of added decay.

Armor:
    Durability enhancers on expensive LIMITED armor a must, the reduction in decay is definitly noticable.

Weapons:
    Accuracy enhancers on long runs definitly shows a difference, more criticles = less shots/swings = less decay.
    Weapon Damage enhancers are nice when used in area's where weapons are restricted to get that extra little boost for more damage, like in ancient greece, even tt swords show better results when enhanced. Also great when used in events when your not worried about economical returns and more about winning the event, those extra little boosts do make a difference.
    Weapon Range enhancers are great on pistols so you don't get to close to mob groups and agro more then one mob when using pistols and your not wanting to us a tagging rifle.

Mining:
    Range enhancers are ok but I have not personally seen my returns go up using them. But I do seem to get a few more hits on average run.
    Depth enhancers as mentioned, use on deeper finders only and only to get them to that next depth range if your looking for some particular resources and can't find a finder within your budget to get to that depth. Pretty pointless to stick them on finders otherwise.

Everything:
    Economy enhancers if you can find them for good price they are worth it, less decay per use is always a plus but crunch some numbers to ensure your not paying to much on them for the benefit you get from them.

9. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

I would have thought that mining finder range enhancers would improve economy - simply because if you are mining in a grid pattern then you can open up the grid and still cover the ground. Concrete example; I use an F105, which has a range of 55m (IIRC). With a range enhancer on it, the range might be maybe 60m - which means covering the ground using less bombs. However, since bombs have zero MU (obviously!) and enhancers are in the range of 200% or more I somewhat doubt they are worth it. I haven't actually investigated, though. Getting the data would take ages and cost a fortune, because enhancers break at random.

Lastly, even if one enhancer isn't worth the effort - if your stuff is high enough tier to put 3-4 enhancers on it, the difference might be worth the effort.