1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to Arkadia ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by osga, Sep 5, 2021.

1. osga

osga New Member

Hi!

Some years ago i remember Arkadia being the 2nd biggest planet in our universe (and i was a massive ark fanboi), a very busy hub with lots of people on the quarry trading, with lots of people hunting and plenty of LA activity, where mining and crafting were also a thing, and the underground also had plenty of activity and people were expecting the great smuggler armor and well, smuggler plates.

The smuggler mission ended up being very disappointing and scared people away. With loot 2.0, armatrix and efficiency, all those beautiful arkadian Herman weapons disappeared, as with the high powered amps - perhaps arkadia tried to bounce back before or after that time with the Herman weapon upgrades, but they were mostly more trouble than anything else, and probably just 1 or 2 or 5 avatars ever used that.

And when the weapon crafting died in Arkadia, arkadian mined resources lost markups, arkadia lost miners as there was no point to mine for materials that weren't used anymore, also the nicest markups from mobs in Arkadia died and hunting became slightly pointless with little appeal.

Then came the Ark moon, a chewing gum ball floating in the space ocean, painted by 5 year old kids in some sort of primary school class - good for them, but not really inspiring. There's too much empty space, and there's not an engaging theme to tie the moon, planet and underground with a solid story and a mission that takes players through the "Arkadian Cluster".

And with the moon, came the deeds, perhaps a plan to generate more income since the smuggler mission ended up a fiasco and crafting, mining, even hunting were going down the drain, but well... perhaps even those are revealing themselves as another gimmick, being very slow to sell, and because the ark moon doesn't really have much going on for it, they just return close to 0 return.

And now we have the codex. Arkadia used to have a great incentive for LA owners and possible buyers, which were unique mobs. But there´s no unique mobs anymore - all the mutated variety are now part of the "generic" mob missions in the codex, and loot pools for those mobs seems shared with the "generic" variety.

At the same time, the arkadian owned spawns are getting crazy small and there´s not that many mobs to hunt anymore ? Yuka spawns are a misery, Arkadia LA (i believe ALA 02 that has nusul and bokols, and used to be a red dots sea, now has half of what it had), same as with generic otorugi, beladoth, kiana or more mobs....

And well, now we have the Gold Rush, perhaps a teaser to draw players into the planet but a few days have passed and there´s not any information yet... is it going to happen ? is it going to take as long as the rewards from a previous gold rush took to be delivered to the rightful winners of those competitions ?

So.... What is happening Arkadia ? You've been failing to your fans and players for quite a while, would be great to see a solid roadmap or something that will cheer the players up, a plan that will bring miners and crafters back to arkadia, a plan to make the mobs more appealing and with more interesting markups, a draft of a mission that will tie all the bits together, just something that seems to have some sense and actually the players can see as something serious, not the joke that is starting to become.

Please do something.

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

I don't agree with everything here but when you see how much has been done on Toulan in the last 12 months without the need for deeds it makes me wonder what it is that the Ark devs are actually doing or even if they are able to do anything.

I hope they see what is happening on a much smaller planet with high MU resources and lots of crafting going on even though the planet only has 14 mobs and you can cover the entire place in three jumps with a tp chip

FIngers crossed it will all become great again.

• Like Like x 3
  3. osga

osga New Member

Another fun "event" that went missing with time, the oratan invasions to the firebases - we now have pretty static smugglers that do almost no damage, and pretty much always in the same places, giving always the same repetitive loots. As an idea, why aren't oratan and smugglers joining forces and actively attacking random bases in arkadia every weekend for a few hours ?

4. MrUnderCover

MrUnderCover Member

Very poor communication.
    Last week tuesday, Gold Rush starts IN A FEW DAYS.

We are nearly 1 week later without a single information.
    Some people would like to prepare for those events.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. raindrop rain morning

raindrop rain morning Member

i think the devs are in other porjects and Arkadia is almost dead .They dont comunicate , codex fucked up the smuggler chain quest and more . Mybe they money that generate the planet as it is are enought but MA must do somethink cuse all game suffer from bad publicty from these "partners dead planets " .

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dante Inferno

Dante Inferno New Member

Arkadia is suffering from the same disease that Toulan and Next Island had: Lack of interest from their owners ... Maybe it is necessary for Virtualsense to take control, as it did in Toulan? ... cmon Ant, DME, we are waiting for you !!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  7. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

some communication from Ark Devs is now done through Discord, which is nice but tbh should probably be repeated here for those that dont use Discord. But with a small Dev team, if they are to get things done in game, then duplication of everything can be frustrating and timewasting. So something they should perhaps look to see if they can semi-automate

8. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

for instance.. re Goldrush as announced in the VU notes
    This is copied from Discord

Dylan I Official — Today at 14:52
    HI @everyone
    We were waiting for the patch release to be done as there was changes to some of the instances where people were experiencing an Error 25. We are busy testing this to see that the Gold Rush will run smoothly as it uses the same system so that your game play will not be compromised.
    Please forgive the delay in communication but once everything has been tested completely, I will release the dates of the Gold Rush. I estimate it should start running this Sunday / Monday coming.
    We have just had quite the collection of things to sort out before releasing new content for everyone including activation of the automated Oratan events.
    But I will be posting on the forum the minute we have completed our tests.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kirgon -- Evingrale

Kirgon -- Evingrale New Member

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

I rather feel the same way. I too used to be one of the Ark Fanboys, but now I find it harder to commit myself to just this one planet.
    Arkadia sprouted as the second planet in the universe, but then her progress went sluggish and with broken promisses. And by now other planets have surpassed them.
    I'm on Arkadia now and I plan to be here still for a while, trying to round up as many IFN missions as I can. And when I have that accomplished? I guess Arkadia will be nothing more then one of the planets out there in the Entropia Universe for me.

11. happy_hipster

happy_hipster Active Member

We need an Anubis upgrade to bring crafting back by making Ark items upgradable to MK II-Mk X so that they can compete, and even surpass Armatrix. PP involvement is very lacking, and until GR suddenly appeared, I was unsure if Ark even HAD devs anymore. It may not.....

I have made many very useable recommendations, but unless someone has an interest in implementing any of them, they are just farting in the wind. Links provided in every single one of my posts.

-hip

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. NevadaJake

NevadaJake Member

I really like Arkadia and am having fun in the Gold Rush event (I know I have zero chance of winning lol). I do hope that the Devs don't give up on their planet/moon. Arkadia seems to have more content and the game assets are some of the best looking in Entropia Universe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. slither

slither Active Member

Ark used to be great, such a shame they stopped creating a vibrant world for the players and just tried selling deeds to any old junk.

14. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

Arkadia's Dead, long live Arkadia!

• Like Like x 1
  15. CMOT

CMOT New Member