1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you personal thoughts on PVP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by anthonymorris, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

I like the idea of RL comparison. Let's try some.
    What if we were robbed in space and also have a space police, composed of many different soc members, with space HQ and everything, would give those mid SS some real use. So let's say someone is flagged as pirate, as was suggested before. If this person get shotted by space police, will instantly respawn on Police HQ and deppending on how many crimes he/she have, will server online time in jail, meaning need to be online to time really count. That would add a RL characteristic in PVP area, you can be robbed yes, but pirates also can pay for their crimes, since we need to pass through space to try some profit. Also to avoid SS exploitation, 2 heavy armed quads from space police standing guard at each planetary SS.
    The very idea that you can be punished for doing something wrong you might do, add good aspects to forced pvp area. If we normal players can loose, pirates should also.

2. Spawn

Spawn Active Member

This is called entropia universe.. not entropia "stay on your own planet" . The choice not to go is not a choice at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mitnick

mitnick New Member

4. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

It has ring to it "entropia "stay on your own planet"" . I can imagine the next advertising campign

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Well, personally I'm not big on PVP, I seriously did some today and shot and killed people at the rig. Again, it showed me the reason yet again why I'm not into PVP :

Some people who enter PVP WILLINGLY and then get shot start moaning and b*tching at the person that killed them.

And now, this was normal PVP, not lootable, so no losses - people just get a taxi to the revive. But this is one of the main reasons I dislike PVP. Like entering a PVP zone and getting killed is none of their own faults.

Last time I got killed in PVP4, I said gz to the person killing and looting me, and a day or two later or so I had a friendly chat with the guy. Because of my own choices, I have no beef with this player. People take things like this too personal in the game.

About space : Learn when the pirates are online/offline to smuggle goods from 1 planet to another, or dish out the 30 ped to take a warp. Same goes with planetside pvp4, enter at your own risk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Oh yes they certainly do, BUT that is due, in large part, to the RCE element. If real money wasn't a factor, people IMO wouldn't take it anywhere near as personal as they do.

Only problem with that theory is that as a global community some of us would have to travel at obscene hours of the day in order to avoid the pirates in that manner....

It's not so much a case of being forced at gunpoint to travel lootable PvP (space) as much as being given little to no viable alternative....almost like MA are being passive aggressive :biggrin2:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

For me that's all my issues is with lootable pvp in a RCE based game. Be it any other game I wouldn't have an issue with it and most likely be out in lootable pvp batting it out. Funny since well most other games people do that since there is no lose. Here in this RCE game I deposit real money and I do not need anyone else to be able to loot my deposit and then be able to withdraw it back in to real world currency. So with that I do call lootable pvp stealing from others and so any just do not get that small element.

I also do not point fingers at the players but instead MA. Of course a lot are playing the system knowing that they can get away with it but still..it's mostly all MA's fault here with a few feeding off the system knowing that they could hit it big and not go to jail for it.

That there should also open some eyes since this system just seems way to simple and question why it's able to still be running?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

*edit* removed

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  9. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There are a few issues with that reasoning. First, why do you NEED to have "extra MU" for items from other planets? Second, assuming you WANT to pay this extra MU you spoke about, space travel doesn't have to be dangerous. It has to merely provide a measurable barrier to supply or demand. So, for instance, taking 45 minutes and 4 peds cost to travel between planets, that is all you need to provide a barrier with noticeable market prices between different planets. There really is no absolute need for PVP, there are plenty of non-PVP mechanisms that do the same thing, and they don't have to be dramatic at all to have an effect.

The original published reason for space PVP... was to separate planet economies in order to allow planets to have their own contained economies and not just be subsidiaries of calypso. Given that MA is doing away with this with the universal auction... they could also do away with space PVP. Anyway, the reason for having space PVP now is simply: MA wants space to be PVP. That's the only reason for it now (and it's certainly a valid reason as far as that goes).

10. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Not cool to beg.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Keep the thread clean guys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Morgoth

Morgoth Member

lootable pvp is like playing poker for money. Everything else is slots against the house. I can see how people could dislike piracy since people have this thought that entropia universe should be free to travel, but landside lootable pvp is pretty tough to end up in unknowingly. And if you lose your stuff, well you came to the table, no one robbed you lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Since MA doesn't fix NI make it a planet wide pvp and let space for serious players; get rid of space pvp!

14. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Ruin my vacation planet and feel the wrath of Sin.

• Agree Agree x 1