1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you personal thoughts on PVP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by anthonymorris, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Super cjaywin Deals

Super cjaywin Deals New User

Its a joke

Most pf the big pkers and pirates are using Mad Catz mouse right now they pre program it then just hold the fire button and scroll over target and it will only shoot when its over target it never gets a miss. Now you have people who used to be average shooters that never miss now thanks to Mad Catz for people who can not aim yes i am talking to you pirates.

2. Spawn

Spawn Active Member

Didn't even know that existed:

"the Mad Catz M.M.O.7delivers powerful macros and programmability to support any MMO."

3. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

Really? This is your “in your face OP proof” lol come on spawn “Nice find”. I could do something like that in like 15 minutes too with my photoshop and i suck at photoshop :). Proof sir is a link to an add that says while traveling in space you are in danger of getting looted by pirates or even the mention of getting looted by pirates while in space. They do however promote planet pvp I think I have seen one or two adds about that but NEVER and yes I said NEVER have I seen an add promoting space piracy.

What I did say spawn was this “In not one of their advertisements have I ever seen them mention about you having your loot taken by pirates while traveling in space. They do however promote A REAL CASH ECONOMY (RCE), interplanetary commerce and travels, but no mention of “beware of pirates who can steal your loot.” So unless someone shows Proof i.e a link to an add made by MA promoting the aspect of piracy in space I still to this day have not seen one. I’m so sure there is not one I would be willing to offer a reward of 25 ped to the first player to provide me a link to prove me wrong.
    *REWARD*
    25 ped

Here are the rules so someone does not just pop any add on any site themselves or just does anything stupid thing to prove to me their is one.

1 it must be an add place by EU/MA (not a player)
    2 it must say that while traveling in space from one planet to another you could get looted by a “PIRATE” I will even let the add say by “another player”

Sound easy enough huh, so let the challenge begin. I will give this one week that’s 7 days from today 3/26/2014 to prove to me that the EU/MA promotes Piracy as a form of game play or even warns prospective new players of the danger of the forced space pvp.

And fifth I respect your attempt but it does not say anything about getting looted in space which is what I said they DO NOT (to my limited) knowledge promote. I have never ssen them promote the dangers of traveling in space forced pvp. What you did show was athat there was an option for players to play in an optional pvp zone not a forced one like space. That’s if it was released by EU/MA in an add do you happen to have the link where you found it?

And as I have said before spawn I will use my MS warp flights even if space was a free pvp zone (which I think it should not be). Why? Well simple like you said it is wayyyyyyyyy faster to warp than it is to fly yourself. As a RL business owner I know time is money and if you waste time then you are wasting money. But there is my offer and it is open to any player

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Well... they don't advertise that there are annoying global chat trolls in the game either. Just as MA has made a way to ignore them (finally!), they've also provided a way to transport lootables safely through space. There are many ways you can lose your peds if you don't play smart; it's not just limited to lootable PVP. There are advertisements stating that fact: your actions in the game have consequences... are you smart enough to succeed?

It's fine to say that you don't like the atmosphere or feeling that lootable PVP space brings to the game, and I think you'll have better luck with that argument than trying to prove that MA is somehow promoting RL theft and piracy by allowing space to be lootable.

5. anthonymorris

Thats what I'm saying they do not promote the aspect of forced space pvp. I'm just reponding to the inyour face aspect of it and offering a reward to prove me wrong. ALL pvp has its place even space pvp to to have it forced on everyone is what im saying is wrong and many others agree.

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

This patch did not remove the new feature "nearby" contacts, which really changes the dynamics of pvp zones. I was sure they would remove it for PVP zones but no it's still there. If you haven't discovered it yet: open contacts and in teh filters, select only "nearby" this will show the name of any player within radar range, even if they are not on your FL. This gives hunters a huge advantage over miners, as it only takes about two seconds to aim and shoot a tiered Eron or Marber but it takes 10 sec for the miner to TP jump away.

7. anthonymorris

nice ty neil for the info lol a pvp first alert lol

8. Xen

Xen Member

Get real, motherships are primarily used to protect loot, there are a lot more of these people than those who will pay a premium for a "vip" flight.

And they are not going to go into detail in an ad about lootable pvp, however as was shown they do advertise lootable pvp as a feature. Your challenge is stupid. You lost, accept it.

9. anthonymorris

Xen You really must learn to read before you reply seriously, that’s what I’ve been saying the whole time and the supposed add proves nothing there is no link to it so anyone with photoshop could do that as well. And my challenge to you is stupid because you know it can’t be proven. So I will repeat it slowly for you “they (EU/MA) does not promote the aspect of forced space pvp” and if you or anyone else can provide me a link they win my challenge. I also said that I have seen some adds where they mention player on player play. But never have I seen them where they promote the space pvp. No and thats the challenge.

10. Spawn

Spawn Active Member

Maybe check what I wrote in this thread. I Agree with most of your ideas.

But Fifth proved you wrong, you need to accept that.
    They do advertise like that. Fifth didn't photoshop that.

11. Fifth

Fifth Member

Well ofc MA is promoting all aspects of this game, including pvp. Why shouldn't they?
    If u need to believe the opposite, well, go ahead. I don't wanna spoil your day... :)

edit: There's some kind of competition? Well, trying to figure out how to make a solid link to a google ad is worth more than 25 peds. Sry, i'll pass. U can find the link yourself and keep the peds.

12. anthonymorris

I only asked for one example of them promoting pvp in space the add shown was without a link and no mention of space what-so-ever. i agree fifth they do promote pvp but how its worded is the issue i said they do not promote space pvp. howmany times do i have to say that? but never mind you evidently do not get what I’m saying. also you have the link to the add you posted? or where did ya find it?

and spawn the only reason i replied to your post was because of the in your face claim. I did read what you posted and i agree to yor agreeing to me but as far as proving me wrong ......... not yet no links where they are advertising space pvp. not pvp in general as i have agreeded they do promote pvp.....planet pvp but as i have said I have NEVER seen them promote space pvp.

13. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I can confirm that the pic of the ad that Fifth posted, is real and not photoshopped. I've seen it around a few places.

Whilst they do not explicitly say about space pvp and piracy (I wouldn't expect them to tbh) it does mention PvP readily and with the (also advertised) RCE aspect it doesn't take much by way of extrapolation to figure out that somewhere along the line you are going to get nailed and lose your stuff if you don't pay attention.

That all said, I personally don't like the way Space works currently, nor the way it was implemented or the way it continues to be exploited by certain people without repercussion. However, as long as we continue to push MA, I believe that eventually we will get a system (Space) that will be enjoyable and usable by the majority of players. It will never ever be 100% as that is a statistical impossibility, but it will get close maybe one day.

Just my 2pec on the matter

14. anthonymorris

I agree Snap there will never be 100% happy, happy, joy, joy medium. But we all agree that space pvp is not such a bad thing, the only part we all really tend to separate on is if it is forced or not and some still seem to not understand that there is no way around going into space pvp. Even when you explain that on land you can avoid it completely and still play on land unlike space there is no way to avoid it even if you use a warp service they still have to go through the space pvp. So I will leave it at that we all agree to disagree and depending on your point of view you might think you are right or wrong. So I guess no one answer is 100% right or wrong it all depends on the way you look at it. But MA does market it as a whole including space with their interplanetary game play.

15. SirAzzah

SirAzzah New User

go global in pvp4 it's a huge rush and totally worth it! In terms of a hof.. you don't know if that hof was on ark or any other planet so there's no way for a pvper to home in on your location. A global may give a general idea but pvp4 is pretty big and one would have to tp around a lot or just get really lucky.
    If one was able to mine pyrite / blood moss on regular planet side, it would discount the entire risk factor behind mining pvp4 and then the markup would go down as well. There are ways to limit risk but I won't get into that.
    also, I don't think pirates are shooting you down just because they saw you global/hof on planet. They just shoot everyone down, because they have nothing better to do. But there are ways to safely bring your loot across space via warp services.

Azzah

16. deathception

deathception Member

Well I think that traveling to other planets is a commodity its not something the average player could do (buying quad ,thruster,fuel,ped fee etc..) most nee players never traveled outside the newbie areas ,most of us that complain are crafters.hunters.miners who obviously have some kind of ped to purchase space jets and such ,just like real life without the pvp aspect most people never traveled outside their state or country ,those who have obviously have bought a ticket to board an airplane and travel and even so sometimes bad things happen on the travels (hijacked) so if u ask me traveling in space is a commodity people go to other planets to make profit to sell items , because the ones that complain are the ones carrying loot so they should know that if they're gonna make profit there's also that risk of losing in space . My 2pecs

17. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

It's awesome that you don't have a problem with someone stealing my peds. But it's actually bollocks that new players don't travel since there are a number of ways to get free or very cheap travel between planets.

It's interesting that you compare the situation with real life hijacking, cos you are totally ok with that right?

18. deathception

deathception Member

Yes the new players go for free but do they carry loot I doubt it, second of all I'm not ok with hijacking but is there anything we can do to prevent it ,I dont think so unless your superman and can stop it I doubt it, the thing is whether its real life or virtual there's always risks of loss , I have to travel 2 hours to work tjats taking a risk for all I know I could die ,get robbed ,its not a likely possibility but it still exists even but maybe I'm rambling and I dont know anything right , but the reality is if we dont like the feature than dont travel through space and if we can live with it then take the risk I have been looted before yet iknew what I was getting into. We are all entitled to our opinion for some we agree on space isn't the greatest and for its their cup of tea

19. Dan59

Dan59 Active Member

To avoid tracking when hunting planet side is easy.
    Make team and chnage team name often, your team mate can sweat or chat in town while you hunt.
    But there is no privacy in pvp space because MA didnt stop at inplementing robbery, MA enforced it with personal humiliation too by displaying it in chat.

20. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Normally I would agree with the opinion of (and yes everyone is entitled to have one) "if you don't like it then don't do it", at least to a point.

With planetside PvP that is simple; the areas are clearly designated on the map and you get a warning before entering them so you have a chance to safely turn around and go elsewhere. Granted, you also get a warning in Space once you move out of the "safe zones".

However, the problem with Space (and point of irony here), is that MA have historically encouraged people to run interplanetary businesses (like both Kikki and I do) and then they've designed the area in such a way that you have no alternative option (since the TPs were turned off) but to transverse and risk the possibility of being killed and looted, which actively discourages the very same venture!

You can become a space pirate for a hell of a lot less (in both skills and PED) than it costs to develop and run a viable business (granted I know there are plenty of pirates that have and still do cycle a lot of PEDs as well) and then easily loot other players and make back a lot more than you spend (especially if you do your research into who is who etc).

As I (and several others) have said many times before, what needs to happen is that MA spend some serious development time and expand and redo Space (like they've been procrastinating about for a long time now).

How about things like say, NPC ships that attack players with certain "flags" on them (as the reputation flags were supposedly purported to work ages ago) or safe lanes that twist and turn and are littered with damaging debris and require some ACTUAL piloting skills and take maybe twice the time to travel through? Maybe have breaks in the lanes which are PvP, but not lootable....provide some ACTUAL entertainment!!!! (I don't know about anyone else, but for me, it's as boring as batshit sitting at the computer flying in a straight line for 30-40+ minutes).

Maybe then the shorter and more direct path can be left lootable PvP and make it that the privateers and Motherships have to go that way. That would at least give more encouragement to people to use the transport services (thus making them more interesting and viable - has anyone taken notice of the parking lot that space is most of the time?) instead of having to spend hours manually flying to and fro.

Anyway, as for your example of running the risk travelling to and from work each day, you have a point, but only in that it is possible to have an accident and be injured or killed as a result. In Space it's very hard to get yourself killed, if you don't encounter a pirate or deliberately and repeatedly ram into someone or something or fly through the areas with Space mobs.

Conversely, (in civilised countries at least) you do not generally have roving bands or individuals looking to kill and rob you as you drive to and from work. In Space, the pirates have only to sit at the space stations near the populated planets and their prey comes to them for the large part.

Finally, I'm not going to touch your example of hijacking as that will open a very big can of OFF TOPIC worms that has no business in this thread.