1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well well Miners Arkadia Union :P

Discussion in 'Mining' started by Vadio, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Vadio

Vadio Member

If your dont know this program : http://www.mininglog.com/
    Configure and start use , remember take notes all claim and runs and become pro miner

And help ( Just check Share depth and Claim)
    View attachment 2150

To make little more accuracy map!

2. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I like the initiative people are taking trying to get a program to help miners track claoms and such. What I dont get is with the intellegence it takes to write these programs and knowing how EU operates that these programmers dont think about the miners NOT wanting their knowlege and efforts to be freely given to someone else NOT spending the time nor money to go find it all.

Come up with a stand alone version that does not hand all our hard work over to the public and I am sure you could actually make money selling the tool if you could devise some kind of anti copy version to keep people from passing it out. Or you could give it away if you really wanted to help miners and do like is done for the skill counter and accept donations.

Just my opinion as a "Working" miner but I do wish you success with your efforts in either way you choose to go

Until my work remains my work I could never support a tool like this or any other of the ones surfacing now.

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Unless I'm missing something, the specific claim locations are not shared with other users, just the (very) general area. Depths are shown as an average of all users on the website. Also, this info is not shared if you don't want it shared.

Why don't you try it out? Then you'd have a little more firsthand experience and would be able to share a bit more useful opinions on the program.

4. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

A soc specific version would also be awsome. Allowing a soc to share mining spots amongst each other while keeping non soc members out of their info. Adding in a option to use a custom DB that can be hosted by the soc can also help. Also giving the soc verson a smaller grid can work aswell. A version like this I would hover not make free.

5. phats

phats Member

useing that program by self and very happy! shareing only deph data! exchanging data files with my friend!

6. Cyborg Bill

If the program talks to a website outside my computer then its all shared info plain and simple.. there is nothing to try IMO as I prefer what I do to not be public info so non motivational exploiter nubs will be all up in my shit when I am out mining because they got my work and info off a website instead of putting in the time and money it takes to find the good areas. This is why miners never shared info before all the influx of 3rd party programs (which are btw against MA's EULA/ Tou)

I share my info with people I feel are motivated and have already put forth an effot to learn the profession and not skieve off others like all these programs are promoting.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Neil

Cyborg Bill, have you even looked at the shared info on mininglog.com? Can you seriously think anyone would be able to find your special mining spots using that info? Besides, sharing info is OPTIONAL.

LBML is not against the EULA, unless it's prohibited to take screenshots or to read your own chat log file.

8. starfinder

starfinder Member

The EULA actually says "any 3rd party programs" is illegal.. So.. running skype or messenger while playing.. could.. if you really want to.. be interpreted as 3rd party programs.. :D

9. Neil

I guess that includes Windows too.... :huh:

10. Cyborg Bill

Skype or messenger were NOT specificly written in direct relation to to Entropia universe like these mining tools AND your traker have been. So no they could NOT be interpreted as 3rd party programs according to the EULA and or TAU.

But this all detracts from the topic at hand of myself wanting a mapping program NOT in direct contact with something outside of my own computer. This is about the program in the OP NOT being truely stand alone and my desire to have something that is. Any other debate within this thread does not effect me what so ever. After my first statement that I would not use THIS version of the op's program but would entertain a totally stand alone version is simply answering posts people have made to steer the conversation in different directions.

You generate enough advertising for your product that you do not need to infect another persons thread with poster childing for it within a totally seperate topic.

11. Neil

I think Oceanic is the program you're looking for.

12. Cyborg Bill

Well to be honest.. Im not one of those lazy people who want instant gratification.. I still mark spawn boundries by hand on a map I printed and then list whats in the boundries..no real need for any program once ya learn how the spawns work. It just takes time efort and money which is why Im not willing to hand all that over to the WoW generation of I want it all and I want it in two two weeks then I want a new expansion pack.