1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapon Choice vs. Different Mobs

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by ArchAngel, Dec 1, 2013.

1. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

This may be a newb question, so forgive me for asking, but is there a chart on one of the various websites (entropedia, entropialife, etc.) that details the best form of weapon to use against various mobs?

I only ask because I was using a Piron-17 (BLP) against some Bokol and found that my Piron-12 (Cell) did more damage. I am assuming it is because the damage is burn as opposed to stab/penetration and that Bokol are more susceptible to laser damage due to their thick hides.

I know that various armours are better suited to combatting certain mobs due to the type of damage they inflict, so I assume the same is true for hunting them, though I haven't seen anything that would confirm this.

Thanks for any insight!

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There shouldn't be any difference. As far as I know, no mobs take different weapon damage types differently, it's all the same. I've noticed that the piron lasers do more damage than similar level piron blp guns, so that might be making the difference. You can check actual damage done to a mob by turning on entropia tracker combat log and go thru enough shots until the average damage no longer changes. If different mobs were sensitive to different damage types then you'd see it reflected in that number. You'd have two distinct averages for two different mob types. Also check your levels.. make sure you're maxed on the pbp-17.

3. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

mobs have no defenses ^.^

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

At least not against Kittens, eh?