1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion We need a spaceport

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Few Scars, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Hi Dave and Dev team

When leaving Arkadia in a QUAD it takes ages to enter space. On Calypso, Athena spaceport is high altitude for easy access to space and a great place to TP to from the SS.

Can you elevate one of the Firebases to very high altitude? I imagine you would just need to tweek the terrain settings to make it a mountain or a high altitude elevation on the coast as a cliff face? A spaceport at high altitude like Athena is needed on Arkadia.

Cheers
    Bjorn

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Try courageous, it's pretty high and there is a 1m patch where you can spawn your quad.

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

it doesn't take very long to reach space from celeste harbour, especially in comparison in the time to actually do anything in space. I just need somewhere I can spawn my quad that is very close to a storage terminal and CH is fine for that.

4. krazykat

krazykat Active Member

I've never found the time taken to get into space to be much of an issue. On Arkadia, I usually spawn my quad at Celeste Outpost as there is plenty of room there and I can spawn the quad quickly without having to mess about trying to find a spot where I can spawn it.

I think that we do need proper spaceports on all of the planets though where not only quads can take off and land but privateers and MS as well. Incidentally, is Athena spaceport still infested with Steelbirds?

5. Svarog

Svarog Member

While I don't see it a big issue, here is a possible solution - those battleships that hang above academies, put one above the Quarry at near-space height and add a televator to it. The ships already have place to spawn a quad.

View attachment 8465

Maybe design a new model, that doesn't look so rough and has many spawning spots.

6. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Why not a new island off the coast with a bridge to the mainland.

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

What I have learned from NI and RT: don't have your planet entry location far away from civilization, it stinks.

If a new spaceport were to be designed, it had better make things more convenient or it will fail.