1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waypoints Centering on Land Areas

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Medeina, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Medeina

Medeina Member

Just realized that when I go to create a map waypoint (right click > Add Waypoint) on any event/land area, including Sanctuary Cove and 8 Coins, the waypoint immediately goes to the middle of the area. Coordinates are always for those in the middle, no matter where I make the waypoint. This must have happened with VU 14.7.3, as I had no such problems previously.

2. May

May Active Member

Lol, I was having problems remembering if it had always been like that, and I just never noticed.
    Glad I'm not imagining things. View attachment 9688

And yeah, it's a bit frustrating to not be able to give a WP, other than: 'that LA'.

3. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Way around it is you disable the view of LandAreas on that little "A"(View Areas) icon that show up on the map, then you can put a way point where you might want it on the area without it being centered.

But yeah it's a recent change, think the VU before last, not completely sure but it's not been long, last I was in space was when I discovered it.

4. Medeina

Medeina Member

Thanks for the work-around, Jenny. I'll try it out next time I log in.