1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wasn't sure where to post, it's an idea I was think about

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Beanie Bugbear Adamski, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Beanie Bugbear Adamski

Beanie Bugbear Adamski Member

Okay here goes bare with me, still trying to get it right in my head ( yea you have no idea :p)

Was think about the garden markets and craters markets we have in my town, and wondered if Arkadia couldn't do something like that.

A designated area with say 20 booths to start with, don't even have to be booths, say tablets, People couldn't register on forum or in game At tables/booths, and pay a 1 day fee to have the use of the tables/booths to show off there goods for a day. Kinda like having our own crafters fair, Once a month, or even weekly or Bi weekly. that way people that can't afford a shop can still craft and have somewhere to sell there goods every now and then. And before all the would be shop owners start screaming at me, these work all over the world in conjuction with shops and streets and shopping centres.

So what do you all think ? And David would this be possible at all to do ?

2. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

I like the general idea.. :)

as for if its possible - in theory yes.. Ark Studios can hand out the deed and then auto-extract it from inventory 24 hours later (or how long its rented for)..

As for if it would happen? Depends on the interest from the community and whether Ark Studios find it too much of a hassle.. :)

3. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

Hmm. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I like it on the other hand this can damage the investemnt someone has made in buying a shop.

O it wont be just as simple as taking out the deed from the player when the time expires they will also need to extract all the items from the booth and place it in the players inventory.

Why not just stick to plain oldschool shouting what your selling in a trading city ?

4. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

Would be the best, in my opinion, too.

I'd doubt that this idea would have a chance to get implemented, after all it would duplicate the auction, wouldn't it?
    Nevertheless I'd love it - a short-term selling slot for times when you're off line or whacking mobs elsewhere, limited in time and value of the offered wares: you rent a slot, and after the payed time anything in the slot is beamed back to your storage, coins or the unsold wares. Should be cheap to rent, for sure - meant to unload smaller quantities of not this expensive wares.

Such could be placed in a "market hall" in Celeste, something that has been proposed anyways. Like the pre VU9 Port Atlantis trading area - a huge building with it's own local & trading chat, a TP, a few sets of terminals, maybe with NPC's for the upcoming newbie experience improvements, and with normal market stalls/ shops too.

What we need is a central spot for the commerce anyways. Such could suit.

Have a good time!

5. Beanie Bugbear Adamski

Beanie Bugbear Adamski Member

was just a wondering thought, as its a sort term thing it doesn't detract from the actual full time shops, what you find is thatpeople tend to walk around and look at everything including stuff in shops near by, its sort of a win win thing in RL

6. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

You don't really need booths to acomplish this just pick a day and time and place. Only thing i would maybe suggest A-team to do is make like a couple different spots in an area designated for certain things like "Weapons/Armour" "Mining" "Coloring" "Resources" "Tools" where people could stand under/around that was selling that sort of thing

They actually did this on Rocktropia every saturday they had a market and it worked when there was lots of people and support. Durring summer though most people are not gamming on weekends i'd suggest a mid-week night time.