1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning, pirates camping Arkadia Spawn Area

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Neil, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I have left Ark twice today carrying passengers, and both times have been in range of a pirate. The first time I think I took him unawares and was able to slip out of visual range before he could follow. The second time, just recently, a certain pirate was close enough to follow me out of the zone but was slow enough on the uptake that he was out of range. Wasted a good bit of his ammo, tho, so that's the bright side.

Just a warning... Arkadia spawn zone is being camped by pirates.

Do not bring stackables up to space unless you have a ship clear the spawn zone first.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Neil

Same applies for Caly spawn point. I got a pirate (fair quad) to waste at least 6 peds ammo on me and followed me half the way to arkadia, lol.

Again, until further notice, do NOT carry stackables into space.

3. Calin

Calin Member

Good to know. Thx.

4. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Yes, very good to know... Hmm.. Random spawn points must not be as spread out as I thought... A friend and I left Ark last night and spawned about .66 au apart (way outside visual range)... So maybe not so random?

So best travel time is still when most pirates are offline... If you're fortunate enough to know when that is :p

5. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

I thought that was the case ever since space release if you where logged in while traveling. lol
    Well personaly I will await the return of the safe zones arround the planets untill I move a step away from Calypso. xD

6. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Thanks for the warning, + rep.

7. MG Mighty

MG Mighty Member

How can we out run them and how can we dodge their shoots ?

8. Vadio

Vadio Member

its bad.....

9. Neil

If you're in a vtol, you don't have much chance of actually escaping. But you do get the wonderful opportunity to waste pirate ammo. I managed to waste 20 ped (yes, 50 shots to kill one vtol, I counted them!) of a certain unnamed pirate's ammo yesterday while I was in my vtol near RT. You attract the attention of a pirate, run like you've got stackables, swing the camera facing behind you, and just dodge the blue lights coming at you. It also helps to align yourself with the pirate ship because then you can move up and down (shift/ctrl) and more easily miss the shots. Now this particular pirate was an extremely bad shot (in spite of being well-known), so don't expect them all to be this bad. If the pirate comes close, try to fly circles around him and stay away from the gun end. The longer you stay up, the more shots he wastes, so don't give up.

If you're in a quad, simply use team targetting. Start a team with one of your planet side friends, when you're running away from the pirate, click on him and click the set team target button. This will show you the distance to the pirate. Kismet laser range is approx .67 au, so as long as you keep him farther than that, he can shoot at you but not hit you (actually, you may see explosions, but you will not take damage). Making a pirate waste shots is not quite as easy in a quad, if the pirate is close, because the quad is not as responsive as the vtol, so the key is to outmaneuver him and get out of shooting range. Fly till you're on a remote server, then hit "t" at a random time. Keep the ship flying, then hit the recall button as soon as you revive, and you'll arrive at the station a minute ahead of him, giving you enough time to fly off in a random direction without him seeing you. If you're near a mob field, you can also try flying within agro range of mobs and attracting them to the pirate. I haven't actually managed to get a pirate to follow me into a mob field yet, tho one did follow me halfway from caly to ark today, always just a little bit out of range ;) Oh, and if you're being followed, turn slowly, so he can't cut the corner and catch up.

• Like Like x 2
  10. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Nice tips! Will have to keep that in mind. :D

11. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

Hmm make a sport out of trolling pirates with low RL skills but a big mouth and gun? Sounds like good fun to me. lol

12. Skywoulfe

Skywoulfe Member

i turned tword the pirate, and played chicken! rammed him 6 times, while dodging his guns up close where they cannot aim as effectivly. he wasted 65 shots before the expolsion, and as i was floating there i saw another pirate (known but not named) attack him! more wasted ped!

13. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

well done sky.. :p

14. happy_hipster

happy_hipster Active Member

Also, the best way to not get killed by a pirate is not to get spotted by them. They see the flash when you leave a ss, or the triangle suddenly appear when you spawn from the planet. They track motion. Ever seen a rabbit in the wild. They move a little, then stop, look around. Try to do that. If you track motion, then it is not safe.

The other thing is the "p" (position)button. it will tell you your position by giving you three numbers, e-w, n-s, and up-down. Use this to figure out where you are. Then,look for "align horizontal" button in your action set, and place it on your flying icon list. This button levels you out so you are not pointed at a weird angle. Align your horizon, and then point your ship up or down by watching your compass. It will "flip" when you pass straight up or straight down. Then fly up or down before you start off anywhere, again in short spurts, tracking for motion. I was told at least to 400 or -400 on the "z" (last number) axis but you can go higher or lower. then align your horizontal, and fly to your waypoint.

If you imagine zero on the z axis as ground level, then imagine -400 as underwater, or 400 as high in the air. They are not looking and frankly, cannot see you there.

Hope this helps,

-hip

15. svena

svena Active Member Pro Users

My favorite thing to do when I have some time is to blast out of the safe zone like I have loot, drag them away a bit, then log off just before they kill me. Nearly every one will sit around and camp you for hours waiting for you to log back in.

Great fun to log out and dick around IRL only to log back in a few hours later and let them loot the 1 dung on me.

16. MsPudding

MsPudding Member

Nice heads up :D

Them dirty pirates willing to try anything!

-MsP :eek: