1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning for all newcomers and non depositors

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Murkalael, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Recently I've noticed someone on trade channel and quarry, advertising one particular site for easy PED. I don't know if PAF staff allow me to put link here, would work as a warning, that I want to give to everyone that this site is a virus pot also a big scam.
    Here some examples how they work
    -one offer allows you to watch some short videos and earn 1000pec but in order to do that on the site that opens they ask you some info about credit card.
    -other offer allows you to download games for your cellphone but in order to do so you must join a weekly paid carrier plan

Anyway, if staff allow me to post link to related site pleast contact me here. All be aware that I've made such tests with a fake e-mail and virtual plataform so no harm was done to my real system.

Also, there are only 2 trusted groups that do such things to make easier the beggining of new players and non depositors, also wanting to know if I can post that here.

Thanks for reading.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

I believe advertising websites other than society ones in game is considered eula vilolation... at least for in game ad system... I'd think same rule would apply in chat if reported. ;)

3. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Forum rules do not allow such scamming sites links to be listed. It is enough to bring it to the attention of the forum and to be vigilant highlighting threats in the in-game chat.

Also, submit a support case if you believe a players intentions are fraudulent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  4. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Thank you for notifying the (yet) unaware players here.

It is a real shame there (probably is no money) are no dev's or even volunteers to manage some of the busier chat channels to filter/block/ban scammers and spammers.

5. May

May Active Member

Another scammy site? At least that gold selling one doesn't seem to spam anymore. :p
    Ty for the heads up.

6. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

I think the ones already known for the comunity, that really helps new players, should have their names listed and pinned on new player discussion area, I know that only one is allowed to advertise here on PAF, I'm not sure why the privillege, anyway, I always do a test run on sites like these, since I've started playing MMOs that are "free to play" and I have extensive knowledge of their behaviors, so if a pinned topic of whitelisted sites would be created, I can contribute validating those that really help adding them to the list.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. wournos

wournos Active Member

This would be good because there is at least 1 site that is legitimate and offers NO scams at all (unless you count one of their third party task sites. Bad support and crappy task rules sink it to hell).

8. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

Is this the website which is being promoted as you being able to earn "2-20PED per survey" ?
    Would imagine it would be that kind of stupid stuff.

9. May

May Active Member

Wasn't that because that site was the only one who took the time to ask for permission, and went through the screening procedure?

10. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

That I don't know, I'm still young EU player (1 year), so I don't know what happened befor this. The point is trusted sites woudn't have to get permission to be listed, as for advertising that's other story, because is a great help for begginers and would avoid lots of problems

11. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

great help for beginners to give away their ip address, email address, and potentially other personal information... great help until said site is sold, as most of these types are, and becomes a phishing site or virus riddled site as many of these sites ultimately do. Hell, even the most trusted sites are not 'safe.'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/warning-entropiaforum-marked-as-unsafe.1157/

http://forum.entropiapartners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=320&title=entropiabay

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...Safebrowsing&p=3213505&viewfull=1#post3213505

Sites that are pay to click and crap like that are riddled with virus and trojan horses. Even if they are 'relatively safe' today, they may not be in the next 24 hours. Advising ANYONE to use those types of sites, especially regularly and/or daily is a mistake.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  12. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

A good idea to get rid of necessity of thirdy part sites, would be MA or planet partners add a sweat vending machine. That would beneffit on 2 fronts
    1-New player will never run out of ped
    2-Market will rise price to compete with the machines

Even if machine limits the ammount per day would beneffit both sides.

13. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

in ancient days real world advertising in game affected your loot... or at least that's what the options said... not sure it really ever worked, but in theory it could/should have? Entropia used Massive Inc. at one point in time to make those ads on the in game ad system... then Microsoft bought and killed Massive... (which is kinda interesting timing if you think about the whole bsa bust as bsa was run by Microsoft among others)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Incorporated

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ject-entropia-joins-the-network-55370727.html

14. wournos

wournos Active Member

Some of these threads are several years old. Just saying.

15. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1