1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important! WARNING about 3rd party programs

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by Mathias | Arkadia, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

It has come to our attention that recently there have been a series of third party programs advertised to "aid" you to skill your avatar or gaining other advantages. Be aware that these programs are consistently shown to contain keyloggers or other unscrupulous plugins. Their main purpose is to steal information from you - for example your login details to your Entropia Universe account.

If you have been using these programs it is a wise choice to stop using them now and also change all your login details so no one but you can use your accounts.

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There used to be a page at entropiauniverse.com which showed all the tools that had been approved for use with EU. They seem to have taken it down, I can only find this page now, but they're now called "community tools".

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/community-tools/

That's pretty funny really that people would use a program to "make them skill faster". :thumbsup: Besides stealing your login info, if a program inputs info (like mouse clicks or button presses) into the game it's not going to be acceptable... with a single exception. EntropiaLife tracker is the only program that's allowed to interact with EU (it hits P or U to display info in chat when you global or die). Other tools like Skill scanner, LBML, fraps, etc those just take screenshots or read the chat log (no info is input into the game), but you should still use them with caution as you would any program you download from the internet... for example, log in to EU before you start them if you don't have a Gold Card.

Or better yet, get a Gold Card.

Is that rule 3.2 new? I don't remember reading it before.

3. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Good, how about existing Trade bots (used usually on Calypso)? Perhaps there is a way to ban it owners?

4. Cly

Cly Active Member

Not that new no.
    I believe it's been there since around vu11 (couple years, memory vaguely tells me).