1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viceroy - whats up with that?

Discussion in 'Armour' started by SLD, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Svarog

Svarog Member

Yep. And if they wait for a month or two, they may buy it for close to tt :)

2. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Member

This is truly the best step in the right direction!
    You guys made so the ingredients needed are mostly TT stuff - this in turn creates a market (demand) for them and in turn allows hunters to have an overall better % return.

I'd like to see many more new armors and even weapons, faps, clothes that works similar to this one. You are making our economy better. Huge thumbs up to you guys!

Also would be really awesome to see if some other PP's out there, take notice of the success of this new type of mission.
    Sure not everyone will like it - but if you don't like it, don't get one. You can still enjoy the better MU for normally TT stuff.

If ya create an even bigger demand for normally TT stuff - you guys will thrive like no other. :hail: Arkadia!

3. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Member

Pot-ception!

4. Svarog

Svarog Member

The joke is that everyone will get one, even those who understand that it's the beginning of the end. It's like... everyone knows that automobiles harm the environment but still uses them because everyone else does anyway. You may choose not to, but you still breathe in the poisoned air.

5. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

I am fine with the idea that the armour is not tradable, but if your armour parts happen to have aweful TIRs usually we can trade them etc. I havent checked yet but is the mission repeatable?, so if you get a dud piece of armour with aweful TIRs you can TT it and try again?

6. Svarog

Svarog Member

You can't tt it, for starters (just dispose of, getting no money back). And if you could and the mission was repeatable, tt'ing a 400 ped armor to pay 600 (720+ with MU) ped for a new one, and apparently repeating it several times to get decent TIRs, would probably kill any benefits from high TIRs :)

7. Robotzel

Robotzel Member

so for me is clear, i won't do that mission if i cannot get the TT value back. but i fail to understand why would some people buy this armor when u have alternatives, TRADEABLE alternatives? it's something i don't understand maybe just for the look of the armor? i see no other reason to get it.

8. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Of course, many people want an invisible armor, in particular, all kinds of Timber has risen in price (thank you A-Team! :eek:), the green and brown paint is particular sold, I put yesterday almost all necessary ingredients that I was own, in my shop - and the sales is! :whistle:

PS However, I must admit, I will not buying this armor for myself

9. Robotzel

Robotzel Member

Would u buy it if u could get back the tt value ?

10. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Maybe... or ... i think necessarily, аt least for the test
    All what i need is TT food from my hunting... why not?

11. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Being able to TT it is not a concern for me as I'm an armour collector...I still have every set of armour I've ever bought, from Pixie on up. I've got Gremlin too, but I will still get this because I WANT it. Being able to TT it, I agree, might make it more attractive to people, but then I don't foresee myself selling out. For me its not an issue as I've always viewed the money I have deposited into EU as effectively gone from the moment it left my card, just as effectively as if i had just bought a ticket to a movie and a box of popcorn. I pay/play for the entertainment value only (outside of the SFE business) and as such, I care nothing for eco or SIB or anything along those lines. Just my 2pec ;)

12. Svarog

Svarog Member

Another thing that concerns me is what will be the look of the non-Skullcandy edition and wouldn't I like it better? Never heard about Skullcandy before so there is nothing special for me in this edition and I also don't like this flippant turquoise logo, but what if non-Skullcandy will be entirely turquoise with a pink lip print on the buttock ;)

13. Voidhead

Voidhead New Member

Well, arguing over, I voted with my feet on this issue. Untradable items have no place in EU. I feel strongly enough over this to move "home" and so I have....

14. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

a difficult thing to judge ...

• I'm not very happy with "soulbound" stuff in this game. I see there's a reason for it, tutorial items and such. But I'm not sure at all if the introducing of such as "normal items" is good. Maybe as long as it's strictly limited for promotional stuff, and/or very sparsely used to mainly give bragging rights? Not sure at all about this. It might be a can of worms opened.
      After all "soulbound items" are just alien in this game and don't fit at all.
    • The new way to rise the MU of former TT food is just great! Kudos, thanks and congratulations!
    • Not to be able to recover at least the current TT of the armor is a showstopper. No way, nada, nil, zilch.
      If it cant be sold back to the TT for the full current TT, then at least the NPC providing it should be able to buy it back for this.
    • That it comes with build-in 150% MU isn't something to sing and dance about, but is acceptable.

I have full Gremlin, so I will not get me this armor. And if I had not, I wouldn't either. To me this looks like throwing PEDs out of the window, with the current settings.

But I appreciate the possibility to finally sell some of the stuff that is jamming my storage ;-)

Have fun!

15. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

This is no doubt one of the best thing that ever happend in Entropia Universe - and was brought to you by the A-team. Way to go.

Now a lot tt food have a reason and that is a great boost to the economi not least for all our new friends that keep joining.

I can just say bring on more stuff as soon as possible and lets have some high end stuff too.

(btw i had the same Gremlin set in more than 8 years now - why should I think about the value for that - I'm not planning to sell out and leave game and c'mon 600 ped what is that when you total assets here is much higher....).

And to those that goes for a short time goal / cash - fast hurry up and go back to WoW.

• Like Like x 1
  16. slither

slither Active Member

The biggest concern for me is still the fact that we're paying MA markup on this item.

MA should run the system to allow players to work in, they shouldn't be selling us items at markup prices to make profits. imo this includes armour, motherships etc with the possible exception of land.

17. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Looks like you are paying MU to Yquem and other enterprising hunters.

18. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

At least all I sell is my own collected stacks from Arkadia.

And to A-team - for the next item - please use some of the Treassure tt food.

19. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Maybe it’s better to just ask them to check your storage first before they artificially start increasing markups :)

j/k off course, i had a nice storage cleanout as well thanks to the sudden markup increases.

20. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

One of the aspects of this little debate that I find most amusing is that certain people seem to be forgetting (or are completely unaware) that bound items first appeared on the planet that is quite often referred to as "home"......yet they seem incensed that the A-Team has dared to have brought this abomination into EU....then again, this is a world of free speech and everyone is entitled to their opinion (as silly as I may consider it).

That said, I will grant you that we are talking about a different TT value and I personally don't see the harm in giving people the choice to TT it if they desire. However, my point still stands and this "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home" attitude is a little childish when there are SO MANY other aspects to the economy and game here on Arkadia that can be enjoyed without getting involved in the bound stuff.....Again, just my 2pec on the issue.