1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicles/Mounts?

Discussion in 'Tools' started by EMEUTIER, Nov 29, 2010.

1. EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER New Member

OK, first up Im not sure this is in the correct section so if not, mods please feel free to move.

As I am very new to the whole Entropia Universe (read:no experience) I am not sure if this is a possibility or not, but is there a chance of purchasing/building vehicles at all?

If so, what about mech's? Arkadia looks like a great place to be able to use them as transport/mining equipment/mobile weapons etc. And modification of available equipment mounted to a mech would be awesome also.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Hey Emeutier,

Yes, you can purchase vehicles in Entropia Universe. We don't call it "building" per se, but it is possible to craft vehicles using blueprints (BPs) and materials. There are also ways to modify different items in the myriad of different proffesions in Entropia Universe.

For example:
    For armors, you can add armor platings to enhance each armor part.
    For guns, you can add precision scopes and laser sights to enhance the gun.
    For mining, you can add amps to your finder to increase the level of your "finds", etc.

For more information, feel free to browse the extensive Entropia Planets Wiki.

I understand that you're new to the Universe so I'd encourage you to explore and talk to players in-game (if you've already created an avatar) or on the forum. Entropia Universe has a great community that's always willing to share.

Cheers,
    Cyrus

3. krm398

krm398 Member

As a vet I can say, yes, that we have vehicles. I've had my eye on a yellow 'Hummer' on the auction site for 50 ped (project entropian dollars) or about $5 dollars US..might wait and get a diferent thing thought, it's nore expensive, but since I mine, it's more heavy duty and can carry more.There's several types of ground vehicles and two types of air vehicles including a VTOL ship and a helicoper,that is just coming out now.The VTOL costs about 240 ped, but it can go anywhere if you keep throwing refined oil into it..lol. All vehicles I saw use refined oil for fuel, for me not a problem, for others, a fuel cost. And every vehicle has an L rating that is: they can not be repaired so you buy them and use them until their life expectancy runs out (they wear out) then junk it and buy another one.I own a nice,small speed boat for getting to hard to get places, and after two weeks of use, it's life expectancy hasn't even moved yet,but I take care of it..no running onto the beach at full speed. Hope this info helps the new people.

4. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Go for the VTOL Krm. I mine alot too and thought bout a pitbull then decided no ned since I have the VTOL. the only advantage to the Pitbull is the weight and as stingy as MA has become thats not a problem any more.. I mine til I get too heavy (If I am lucky) then send it all back in my hummer to storage while still having the VTOL to travel with.

I even learned of a program that alllows us to use joysticks by converting the commands from them to keybd commands. I just spent two nights setting it up so I can now fly the VTOL or drive vehicles with my joysticks, rudder assembly, and throttle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Good advice there Chaser and Bill. See what i mean about the EU community EMEUTIER...they're brilliant aren't they. :eek:

Nice one Bill. Definitely a different experience from the use of a keyboard to maneuvre in EU.

6. krm398

krm398 Member

I'll consider it, Cyborg Bill, I just hit 250 ped in dianum on one of the 'new' islands, and sent it to the auction, so that might be my VTOL right there..lol, then I'd have to learn to fly it without banging it up. I was mining today and surprised me, a big bird "Hyrucu Guardian I think(spelling doesn't count) actually attacked my boat..did 40 points of damage because I was just docking on the beach and didn't see it coming..how about a link to that program, just in case....lol.

7. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Lol that's awesome man!

8. krm398

krm398 Member

joystick control

I'd very much like to see joystick controls for all flying vehicles. It gives the real feeling of flying something and with modern joysticks that have up to a dozen buttons it's no problem having all the controls right there.I believe it would be a big improvement over what EU is using now.

9. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I cant take credit for finding the program. Someone turned me on to it in a PM a while ago and I just got around to trying it out. Im nt very familiar with it yet so it was a pain in the but to set up as trying to map certain buttons to points on my throttle kept interfereing with the ability to play or chat in game even though the keystrokes worked. I eneded up remapping a few items to aditional spots on my keybd so that stopped.

It says it can control like 18 joysticks at once. I used the default one for Microsoft sidewinder gaame pad to learn on and modded that. I have not figured how to assign new joystsicks yet or I would say how to do so.

Anyway enough yakkin the program is called "Joy2mouse3" I will keep messin with it and maybe write a tutorial for eU setup once I figure how to correctly import my real joystick profile. Untill then let me know if you have problems in a pm and mayeb I can help by what I have learned so far.

• Like Like x 1