1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underground Events

Discussion in 'Arkadia Underground Deeds (AUDs)' started by ArchAngel, May 22, 2014.

1. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

I've seen quite a lot of posts inquiring about events run in the underground hosted by Planet Arkadia.

I have several questions as to this rational.

Shouldn't we as deed/land owners be hosting these events?

Is it possible for us to even do so? (I don't know in the slightest as to how to get an event started)

If it is possible to do, isn't it to our mutual benefit to work together to increase the value of our land deeds?

I may be wrong here, but I don't think the planet partners host events at Sanctuary Cove or LA's 1 & 6. It is up to the individual owners of those areas to generate traffic. As we are essentially the land owners of the underground it must be incumbent upon us to do the same.

For the members of the forum, deed holders or not, please share your opinions on this. For any that are experienced in setting up/running events, please leave a suggestion or example of an event that you had success with.

Thanks!

2. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

The deeds give you less 'rights' to the Land than the CLDs did. Just check the item info screens on both and compare them. Yes, it'd be great if Ark underground could be made in to an 'event zone' similar to some of the event zones on Calypso, but only time will tell if that happens or not.

3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Yes I think this would be an excellent addition to the underground to give people the ability to host events there.

4. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

but will not be likely because people could run events to block off areas for themselves (mining or otherwise).

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Just make free tickets or make it no ticket required then they couldn't block anyone from it.

6. Vadio

Vadio Member

if guy want block area to can mining alone go ahead do it(usual this guy have big amps/money)
    i cant see something wrong with

About events yes open for us can host using event system / i wish ark team host somes here but in point balance just unfair against other land owner

I can help with prize pool ( depend how many going help , how many going back , and others variable can discuss)

7. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

This currently doesnt exist in the event system. Once the event is started, if you did not register, you will not be able to join that area for the remainder of the event time.

8. Neil

You sure? I thought you could buy a ticket after it's started. In any case, yes they'd have to make some changes to the event system.

9. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

I don't know well how to say it, but I've done a little bit of thinking about Underground Events and who should pay for it. How about when someone creates an event (be it player or Ark-Team) then everyone with an AUD get's a note. This note explains what the event is about and the option to join the funds. Eventcreater can set the costs that (s)he wants per deed. With the funds raised before the start the creator can, with approval from Ark-Team, apply the available prizes. Then when the event runs, the tax-income from said event will only go to the AUD-holders who agreed to fund the event in the first place. The AUD-holders can choose with how many deeds they like to join, so when you have, say 10, it isn't all or nothing.
    How about it? Good idea or not? :cowboy::huh::cowboy:

10. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

Interesting thoughts Ardorj. I don't know what kind of effort would need to be undertaken by the Ark-team in order to arrange this, but it allows for player participation on a voluntary basis and would still benefit non-participants by introducing more players to the Underground. I would definitely be for this.

11. Neil

The problem is that you can't separate event income from normal income unless you restrict access to the underground during the event, which I think would be a bad idea. If you don't restrict access then you'd be cheating all the other AUD owners out of their rightful income. I think these reasons are why official underground events will be organized/funded by the developers. I think this forum is a good place to come up with suggestions.