1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to launch game

Discussion in 'Technical' started by bombud, May 10, 2014.

1. bombud

bombud New Member

i just downloaded the game. it gets to 90% the says "could not start the updater application" even though it finishes the download. then, when i get rid of the error msg and try to start the game, it pops on the screen, then immediately vanishes. if i use the other icon in the folder, it tells me to use the client launcher. so i try the client launcher again. pops up then vanishes. ive deleted and reinstalled 7 times. every time i get to 90% i get the error msg. downloading at 730+- kbs. whats the deal here?

2. bombud

bombud New Member

more info

1 more thing if it matters, when i click the launcher icon, i have to accept terms of service, and then the launcher pops up for less than 1 sec before it disappears.

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

First thing that comes to mind might be an antivirus or anti-malware is deleting a required file as you download it, causing the client loader to crash on startup.

4. bombud

bombud New Member

i checked the antivirus history. entropia universe was allowed access and no action was taken with any file. i deleted the second icon in the folder (not the launcher but the other one) and then clicked launcher again. it repaired the missing files that i had deleted with no error msg. but still same result when i try to start the launcher. im using windows 8

5. bombud

bombud New Member

ok so before anyone else replies or tries to help, i dont want to waste your time. i read other forums (googled it) and it said to right click the icon and click compatibility. i then clicked recommended settings and clicked test program and its currently running. (i guess a 2nd download of 214mb?) so, im letting it do that then will see what happens. the first download was only like 43mb or something. thats when the issue started.

6. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

if nothing is wrong with your antivirus/firewall it might help setting the compatibility mode on entropia.exe

but there is a few ports you might need to allow Entropia to use, check here: Support FAQ

7. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

The other thing you could do is when you have the Client Loader open, click the tools button and select the dynamic content tab. If you are new to the game I would only have the Planet Arkadia box ticked. Makes a huge difference on how much of the game you have to download.