1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to get in game/instant dc in SS. (& message for Pogo)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by May, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Ewwww Yuck! Guess I'll be sticking with 7 then :rolleyes:

2. May

May Active Member

Hmm, another down vote for Windows 8.
    I thought by the poll that 8 gave a better result for EU than 7, but that might be due to other factors as well.

Having no desktop seems like a weird concept to me. How does that even work?
    Really starting to think that Linux may be the way to go after all. Even if the software choice is still small, it should be getting bigger if Microsoft is continuing with Windows in this vein.

And I think there are people that have managed to make EU work on Linux through Windows on a Virtual Machine?
    Might be worth it to study that a bit more, instead of choosing the least sucky Windows version.
    Hopefully my ancient XP/Vista can hold on through at least another VU or two.

By the way, is this 'rating of customer service' email something new?
    If it is, then at least they are trying to improve? (Or for the more cynical: want to give the impression they do want to improve.) ;)

3. Snape

This is a new one to me...Can you post some screenies?

4. May

May Active Member

This is the email:

View attachment 8374

I don't have a screenshot of the rating page itself: I already used the link, and apparently it can only be used once. So nothing shows up now.
    But basically it showed colored blocks from 1 to 5, 1 being red, and 5 green, and the colors in between.
    Under that a box to leave a comment, with a limited space, so only a small comment fits in.

I wonder if they are sending this to everyone now, or if it is a random thing, to just get a general idea.
    Of course things like these are easily manipulated to get the desired results. If you only send these emails to people that have simple support cases solved, you are likely to get a good rating.

But who knows, maybe this is the start of a new and improved support? (hope springs eternal)

5. Snape

Interesting. I'll have to check next time I close a support case as I've never noticed this before.

6. May

May Active Member

He he, it's quite telling that you're automatically saying "next time", instead of "if I should ever have a new support case".
    We're completely used to have to submit support cases regularly. Which is in and of itself not funny of course.
    But it struck me as amusing, because it shows that we can get used to almost everything, if it is repeated often enough.

But more on topic: if you've never seen this email before, it might be a new campaign to improve the service?
    That surely is a positive move: hopefully it will have some positive results too. :D

7. Snape

Yes telling indeed. It might very well be there in past emails but, like many, I have become very jaded with Support over the years so I dont even bother to open the emails unless they say the case has been updated.