1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UA reward from the IFN daily missions

Discussion in 'Loot Theories' started by DaughterOfAnarchy, Dec 6, 2015.

1. DaughterOfAnarchy

DaughterOfAnarchy Active Member

So... open debate questions...

Do you think that the reward from the IFN daily missions (in universal ammo) is:
    - somehow counted/deducted from loot (as in oratan prospectors being set by default to return worse loot than similar level mobs)
    - just a free gift to us from Arkadia team / MindArk?

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Reward? Is more like a fee. You pay to kill (or bribe) and be happy to leave with a lollipop if it isn't a blazar/nova lollipop. Not to mention the stress (if you're not on the bribing team), to find the right maturity to try save some ped, and once I've found a workaround on the lazy programing to renew spawns without wasting ammo, and the "lazy programmer" not happy with that scatered all maturities very far away from turrets.

Botton line, loot will always be bad, so what we lack here is professionalism to minimize our losses, like "Do a damn good mission with 100% separated maturities", doesn't matter if oratan learn to use scuba gear and dive to wherever they intend to as long we don't have to do this hide and seek madness every single day.

A bit offtopic: is more than time for Arkadia have daily crafting missions, for all goofyness of these past months we more than deserve this.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

100% seperated maturities for the daily? That doesnt sound like fun at all. Is it annoying that you have to go out and find the maturities you need? Yes.... however thats why it is called a hunt.
    For the seperated spawn quick finish of the missions just go inside the instance, if the daily would become as easy as you would like it to be then there wouldn't be any fun in them at all anymore. Might as well just have 5 spots per spawn zone where 1 oratan spawns of a certain maturity with an immediate respawn when killed.
    This might be an idea, but maybe try find some people to team up with that need maturities you don't need. Have you considered that maybe the "lazy programmer" wanted to promote that idea a bit more? I sometimes team up with people and its a blast..... you should try it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Mission rewards are funded by the planet partner from their revenue. This is one of the reasons most rewards are either skills or low TT guns. MU is high but TT value (cost to PP) is low.
    This why the smuggler mission rewards will be a chance to loot the armour via more hunting in an instance. I expect the average cost to hunt will exceed the TT value of the looted armour parts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. BubblesTheTormentor

BubblesTheTormentor Member

I second that scrounging around for a specific maturity is part of the fun of the hunt. Sure, it can be annoying sometimes, but so can anything under the right circumstances. In my view, I also don't mind if people get scared off from this quest chain due to the maturity distribution as it helps keep the MU on items in a respectable-ish range. Let's face it, without the MU on some of the resources there wouldn't be anything worth looting on these prospectors. Maybe if they didn't rain guns so often......

To answer the OP post, my results show that the reward is actually doing exactly what the A-Team stated they intended it to do, cover the cost to hunt almost exactly. My tracking from bandit-early vandal shows the reward is just below 10% of my cost to hunt. My average hunt returns over a few k ped (various mobs) are at 91% TT. I think the A-Team really just wants to give people a reason to stay on ark, and it is working on me!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  6. DaughterOfAnarchy

DaughterOfAnarchy Active Member

Everyone else agrees with Kikki/Bubbles, or we have and other opinions? :)

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

No, rewards are not deducted from loot. I'm not sure what you're referring to with oratan miners (the underground tax of 5% maybe?).

The reward is the same as the cost of arkoins, so it balances out. Those not using the arkoins are making out very well, most likely profiting or breaking even long term unless they're using an uneco setup.

• Agree Agree x 1