1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tool Reload Timer freezes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by KikkiJikki, Jun 5, 2011.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

The autofire fail messages werent bothering me because they didnt seem to cause decay and I was able to still shoot as fast as normal.

However, I an now finding that the the reload timer gauge appears to freeze periodically and then I cant shoot or change weapons etc while the mob still gets to attack me. This is costing me a signficant increase in armour decay and the mob also gets to regen more.

You can mitigate it somewhat through manual firing instead of autofire but it still happens. Am unable to use pistol anywhere close to theoretical fire rate.

Apart from the impact on eco, its kinda sucking the fun out of hunting too. Hoping for a patch that reverts to previous behaviour

2. Chrome

Chrome Active Member Pro Users

This is also making MA money.

Don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon. :(

3. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

It was frustrating me too... however, I don't care.. i think of it like realistic... sometimes your gun does jam up for no reason :D

(nothin' to do with Arkadia btw, purely an MA resolvable issue)

4. T79x

T79x Adviser Arkadia Adviser

it was only question of time when auto use show us real face...
    it takes them 9 months before auto use work on max range of you item ...

but dont worry this is ony secondary problem
    until they fix base problem (Broken arm bug(mabye i wrong but soon will this bug have 1 year birthday) it will only more or less same

5. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Im sure it's been mentioned, but excavators are also failing, but without the fail message.

6. coz1969

coz1969 Member

You are so right... this is sucking the fun out of hunting.

I also get those reload freezes... often on both auto-use tool and manually firing. Although, with manual, I just don't get as many "Failed" messages.

Sometimes these freezes are as long as 15 seconds, possibly more. It sucks :mad:

This definitely prevents me from hunting any regen mob... many of which I enjoy hunting...
    It also prevents me from hunting any hard-hitting mob, since it just irritates me more when I die due to not being able to equip the FAP, since my gun is stuck in reload.

To Vantastic... realistic, yes, if a weapon jams up once or twice... I'm in the military, and if my weapon jammed up as often as it's happening, it would have already been tuned into the support maintenance shop for repair. Or cleaned...

Methinks that MA needs to pull out some weapons cleaning kits and get to work, ASAP! Get the dirt out of those bores and trigger assemblies!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Well I'm not a cynic about MA and bugs for money but I don't think this weapon behaviour is very realistic. And at around 30 clicks per huon kill (yes I am playing above my level), hunting them has become more of a chore without autofire. armour decay is up about 50% for me.

Recognising that this is an issue generated by MA and only fixable by MA, I urge the PP to communicate to MA the impact of this bug so that it is appropriately prioritised. Reversion to previous behaviour should not be a huge task as an interim measure.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki