1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips for newbie?

Discussion in 'Mining' started by GSXR, Oct 12, 2013.

1. GSXR

GSXR New Member

When I get home I'm planning on putting $20 into game.

Any suggestions on what to purchase in game? I'm on arkadia. Wanting to mine!

2. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

Heya, spend as little as possible, make it stretch. You should sweat mobs to build up your skills like evade, it will make your hunts cheaper. So don't worry about killing them when they are "dry", just drag them to a turret, or drown them in water. Mobs drown, you cannot.
    Find a mentor from the register, It will help you along... And make sure they are in the same time zone or close.

Here are a few good resource links to use....

http://rp.apachenet.de/downloads/Entropia_Universe_Guide.pdf
    Great guide
    http://www.entropedia.info
    Great wiki resource for just about everything
    http://www.candyman.se/pe/bobthebuilder/v2/
    This will show you what each looted or mined item is used for
    http://entropialife.com
    This tracks globals, and will show you trends in game, also player info, and what each mob loots

Goodluck ;)

p.s. If you are close to CST I am available to mentor, and my Society "Benevolence" is always open for new members

3. GSXR

GSXR New Member

Do I need evade for mining? :eek:

I live in Iowa, so yes CST is where it's at!

4. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

Evade is not needed for mining.... but using a mele weapon for a little while will raise your strength, and allow you to carry more resources.
    Refining resources reduces the weight, and using a vehicle can help in longer mining runs, when you cannot carry any more, spawn the vehicle, place the items in the vehicle storage, and recall the vehicle to the planet storage.
    Also, stick to the rookie gear for as long as you can, they give good skill, and will allow you to see how things work, getting familiar with distance to drop probes, and where the different resources are.

5. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

6. Ellington Corp

Ellington Corp Member

Nice

Thanks for the two post about mining tips I will check out the tutorials!

7. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

I guess best question to ask is how much are you willing to deposit overall? Is 20 bucks your max limit forever, or are you going to drop in 20 bucks a month every month? Thinking long term is best thing to do even though it's fun to just deposit and blow it all... unfortunately, if you aren't too careful, it's easy to blow through 20 bucks in no time flat.

In ancient days I would deposit several hundred bucks whenever I got a chance. Back then I liked to make money last a while so I invested in junk like apartments and furniture knowing I'd have the tt value of that stuff later in months in the future when I'd not be able to deposit so I was not tempted to TT it all and blow through it all in one of the main 3 professions all in one go. I did ultimately TT most of that stuff or sell it off to get the peds back but in some cases all that furniture kept me playing for 3 years or so with no need to deposit since I didn't blow through all deposited peds in 3 months as I would have if it was sitting on my pedcard, etc. It's easy to buy apartment, fill it with high tt stuff, and then forget about it for six months, etc., especially if you put that apartment on another planet from where you spend most of your avatar's time.

Now that CLDs and AUDs are around I'm spending in to those since they give you a payback roi either daily or weekly... which is a much better return than all that furniture was getting me, lol... got rid of the apartments and all that furniture and now just buy auds and clds with those peds.

then I use that weekly roi as my budget... clds pay more than auds at the moment, but that may change over time. Also, clds only pay out once a week, making them more of a long term budgety thing instead of a day to day thing... that's why I invest in both cld and aud now, with about half my deposited peds in each.

I don't advise buying in to cld or aud unless you plan to deposit a few k in ped (few hundred bucks usd, or more) as roi on aud is small somedays, at one pec a day (even zero pec one day I think so far)... but if you have a few hundred auds that's a few peds a week from auds, not much, but if you know what you are doing and really focus on lowbie gear, especially unlimited sib stuff, etc. you can make it work. It's not the best plan in the world if you plan to aim for globals every day, but if you are going to do that, you will need a heck of a lot more than twenty bucks most likely.

if you hunt, swunt. If you just mine, be careful about where you drop probes.... some areas are definitely better than others.