1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tickets to go

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Erastothenes, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Erastothenes

Erastothenes Member

Travel cost between planets has been an issue, the current 40 PED one-way fee is seen as a tad steep by many. For sure, if one is a new player sweating for cash it's a small fortune. For others it's a small nothing.

I'd like to be able to purchase "tickets" for interplanetary travel, maybe through a "travel agent" non-player ava. And I would like to see it possible for me to buy a Ticket while I am, say, on Arkadia, that is issued to another player who is on another planet. Say for example that I have a freind "A" who is stuck on RT with little cash... I could go to the travel agent and pay for "A"s Ticket to hop to another planet. "A" could pick up the Ticket at an travel agent over on RT and then hop out.

Also, I'd like to be able to buy Tickets that I could give directly to others (or sell back to TT if not used).

Fantasising a bit further - how about Frequent Flyer Points :)
    Whenever the pilots gets their ships back, might it be an idea for some of them to form alliances further than the old price-fixing thingy? MadChance Interplanetary offers points worth so-and-so for every trip type of thing. Doubble points for Business Class travellers lol. - New spaceships could have a Business Class with superb view of space during travel, and off course lounges where fruit might spawn with more than normal frequency or something :)

Edit.....

Obviously, the travel agent thingy - pricing would be an issue as pilots can set their own prices. Raven Raven suggested to me that maybe the Travel Agent could have a list of pilots, a list that players could choose from and PM pilots even if they are not on FL. Arghh this becomes complicated. But still i'd like to be able to buy Tickets and send or hand over....

oh well...

2. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Some cool ideas there. Unlimately alot of that becomes possible when we get pilots doing the travel rather than a TP. Not too hard to prepay a pilot to go collect your friend, or even to have your friend jump on board and the pilot get paid upon delivery (I'm sure I've done that sort of thing before with flights to CP & CND).

It really is up to the pilots to get creative. I think with more destinations, the space travel business will be more interesting.

3. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

Yep if I remember correctly you once gave me a ride to CND for free because I was left behind at CP without knowing where the heck I was... ah the noob days.. lol Anyway I tried to send some clients your way after that!! Thank you again.. Of course if you don't remember, maybe I got you mixed up with someone else??!! LOL

But I think there will be more options once more planets come online and once space and space travel opens up!! I guess time will tell. :)

4. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

I can't say I remember that trip Nor, mainly because I used to do that sort of thing quite often. The beauty of the hangar system is the 4 seats, is not uncommon to have a spare seat here and there to give away.

I too look forward to seeing what the system will entail, I'm sure pilots will put their thinking hats on to come up with their own innovative offers.

5. Erastothenes

Erastothenes Member

Maybe pilots could set up a website - something like http://chanceair.com/ - where players could contact pilots directly for tickets. And other stuff, say if someone clans up and makes an airline and offers bonus points. And, for purchasing tickets on behalf of others. A thought.

6. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

I'd say work it out and set it up, you could be the next Stelios (EasyJet)

7. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

No offense but piloting was one of the biggest fails in EU ever.

I remember I used to frequent CND alot and was starting to go to CP more and more before I switched to strictly mining. There were onl;y like 10 or so active pilots in game and no more then 4 to 6 on at any given moment. I remember the days of waiting over 4 hours to go from CND to Calypso simply because the lead pilot in the line refused to go with only 3 passengers. 4 inactive pilots standin around with thumbs up their bum respecting the "Line"

They could have made 6 or more trips in that same 4 hours takiing 2 or 3 people then waiting for taht 4th.. Ill pass on bringing that back anytime soon. I like walking to a tp and pressing a button...yes 40 ped is thievery but ditch the piloting system that is suposedly paying the pilots and that can drop to 10 ped tp anywhere easily. Save the space ships reintroduction for usable thinsg like space battles and exploration. Leave the transportation to the tp system.