1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiarak no longer available?

Discussion in 'Sanctuary Cove' started by Aziphirael, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Aziphirael

Aziphirael New User

Have the Tiarak's been removed from their areas or have they moved somewhere else? Had pop over to do some more hunting on them to complete a mission but they seem to have disappeared.

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

During the last VU something went horribly wrong on the island. All creatures were removed, and currently Hawkwing is still in progress with MA/A-team to get everything placed back again. This nightmare will hopefully be over soon for him.

I am sure he will update on the matter as soon everything is resolved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

From memory there was a spawn of tax free tiriak ! near one of the firebases ! mixed with riptors in the event area ;P

some where around 19100 16900 ish

4. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

Yes Event area 3 I believe. But according to the VU update, no more Riptors as the Tiarak killed them off. It would make more sense if the Riptors had killed the Tiarak off, being they are weaker, but whatever.

Oh yeah, and if this information isn't 100% accurate...well,,,,errr, I drink....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

A warning here! It seems all Tiarak have been moved to EA3, and by all, I mean every single maturity mixed in one place.

6. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

7. San

San Well-Known Member

I hunted a lot of Tiarak in EA3. You're safe from Riptor if you stay in the southern half. Short flight out west from Dauntless FB, just hop over the Beladoths. I haven't been there for a couple months though, so can't tell if anything has changed. (Edit: Ah, the release notes.Thanks.)

8. Hawkwing

Hawkwing Owner of Sanctuary Cove Platinum Member

Hi Aziphirael,

Tiarak mobs will be returning to Sanctuary Cove very soon, but where previously there were two separate areas with two very separate maturity groups, I will likely now only have 1 area and therefore only be able to do 1 maturity range.

Is there a solid preference from those that hunt Tiarak in terms of maturity that is preferred? It seemed to me that the youngs were attracting the most attention, but then the stalkers weren't easily found anywhere else so were quite unique. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts?

Regards,

Hawkwing

9. San

San Well-Known Member

I'd vote to keep the big ones. Been there also and enjoyed it. EA3 is untaxed, I believe you'll have a hard time competing there anyway. Not sure how your numbers were before in that field.

10. fredzepp

fredzepp Active Member

Not sure if the loot tables were changed but I couldn't get a decent drop of hides from anything lower than OAs. I vote for a stalker spawn please :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  11. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Personally I would like stalkers and larger ones as these arnt available else where and would kinda keep the unique ness of sanc cove ;)

they can hit a bit hard sometimes though and so might be worth doing a poll ;) just to then see what people think.

12. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Personally I'd like the high maturities, they are not that bad to hunt and can be very much fun in team.

13. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Low mats, are newbie friendly L8 to L14, but I don't recall getting nothing above 50ped from them. So higher maturities will attract more skilled players, and lower maturities, will attracta more eco players that are greater in numbers. Tough decision.

14. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

As both hunter and texture crafter I would love to see the higher maturities. As pointed out above there is another spawn elsewhere on Ark for the lower mats.
    I will however miss the old spawn, used to start at Sanctuary cove (naked melee) and move East towards the higher mats, been fun to watch my progress over time as a measure of how far I could get before I needed to change weapon or add armour to survive.

Either way please hurry and bring them back :)

15. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I only hunted the high maturity ones >^.^<