1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion The new timeframe of VU is totally a FAIL

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by cute781217, Aug 9, 2013.

1. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Does that mean I have till October to get the skullcandy edition viceroy armor?

If so I guess that's better for me, since am trying to do the mission by hunting down the required stuff.

2. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

I concur. ;)

3. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

The Skullcandy edition armor mission will remain active for those that have taken the mission but not yet completed it, We don't want someone getting stuck having only half the set with no way of completing the set. Only the stage one quest will be disabled and changed to start of the normal viceroy quest while the other Skullcandy missions will remain ingame until the system shows no one is active in the chain anymore.

Regards,

Chris

4. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

Sounds great Chris. Will the next edition of viceroy be UL or L ?

5. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

The only difference will be the missing logo. (this based on previous posts)

6. May

May Active Member

But it will change soon?

At least it will be technically possible then: that's already something, right? ;)

Complete text of developers notes here

7. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Regarding avatar textures since the (relatively) recent changes to avatar complexity - I think MA has shot itself in the foot, concerning their Calypso offshoot. Why?

Simple. Assuming my experience is typical, the new, more complex avatars take more memory. Which means that RAM-shortage crashes are going to be much more likely and common.

I run a 3 gig XP machine. Before the change I could run at very high graphics settings everywhere except the Quarry, and that was only a problem at busy periods. Now, I've had to drop down to medium and still avoid the Quarry unless I really have to go there, because of the frequent crashes.

Why is this more of a problem for Calypso? Simply because many places, particularly Twin Peaks, are much more crowded than just about anywhere on Arkadia. So people with less-than-up-to-the-minute machines like mine are going to have problems.

Or so I assume; not been to Caly in well over a year.

Playing EU is expensive enough in real money. Having to make fairly major upgrades (Win7/8 and more memory at absolute minimum) is only going to make it worse.

8. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

Fine..Let it rain Marco guns on Ark!

We all know that's what you guys gear up with.
    :D

Tippin