1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion The new timeframe of VU is totally a FAIL

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by cute781217, Aug 9, 2013.

1. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

It seems Mindark has extended the time between each VU from 8 weeks to only 3 this year(3 months a VU). I'm alright with it as long as they are able to solve the critical problems in mini-patches. But as you see the post exists now is because THEY DIDN't.

I don't understand why such simple things like adjusting the droprate of Ark-rares and animal parts take so much time for mindark to do it. This problem delaying the economy of Arkadia from growing by at least 6 months(March>October). They has the tool to adjusting the droprate on the air right after the mini-patches of June 26th, I don't understand why they don't do it on March? And also the bugged mentor system now, newbies are having a extremely steep learning-curve already, and now they make those new blood to wait for 3 months to just get the graduation gifts.

I know this post is full of complain but that's because the new timeframe of Vu is a totally fail because mindark can't do things right. My suggestion is it would be much better if we get a mini-patches after the VU, and anotehr mini-patches in 1.5 months. So it gives enough time for PP and Mindark to solve most of bugs in last VU. So BS replies like "we have solved this problem but can only implement it in next VU" would be much less, and I think this way would give a better and more enjoyable universe than the current timeframe. I hope David can bring it to Mindark for some possible changes since the new VU timeframe is seriously holding back the growth of Arkadia.

Thanks.

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I'm really frustrated about the drop rate of rare animal parts and mining loot. I have several new bps that are either uneconomic to craft or can't be crafted at all. I know the gear would sell in my shops if I could just make it. Shouldn't have to wait several months for this sort of tweaking.

And of course the space summoning issue won't be really dealt with till they implement a fix.

3. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

I'm starting to chip out my patience skill and invest in xbox eq. i booked a week of vacation end of September thinking ok we'll have new VU by then should be a good week to blow a bunch of PED discovering new stuff. But now it's not comming until October which means probably late October or early November. I'm a pretty patient person been waiting for what 10 years now for this game to really be what we all expected it to be, but i just keep taking longer and longer breaks between playing and loosing more and more interest waiting and waiting and waiting.

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I agree. They need to be a little more on top of things like balancing issues and security updates.

5. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

Did I miss something? Where did you get this info? :huh: About the vu's that is.

6. cute781217

it's from Mr.Kim

7. KikkiJikki

I also have the October date from Ark Devs.

8. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

Don't they always take some time before the first vu after their summer break? Your right though it usually is in September, but iirc this has happend once before.

I thought the thread was about all the updates were going to be 3 months in between. Then I would be a bit more concerned. As it is now, I would rather they take some time to fix things properly before they set it out into the universe. Just my opinion of course. ;)

9. KikkiJikki

My understanding is the VU was originally scheduled for september. It has since moved.

I don't have a problem with new content updates being not so frequent and also not so bug ridden. But I do have a problem with known problems not being addressed other than through quarterly updates with a followup patch one week later.

10. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Guys,

Just to clear up some confusion. There is a scheduled Platform update in September and then the Partner update is in October.

I understand its been a bit of a pain with how long updates have been taking this year and is partly down to delays, some issues and changes to the systems. Currently the system does not fully support rolling out updates independently for each planet partner and also does not fully support rolling out incremental patches. Part of the reason why MA and PP can not just roll out a patch is that we will have to first undo all the work we are working on for the next platform/partner update and then we can create a patch, if we don't follow this path you will receive unfinished content and testing content that slips into the game. This can also result in further setbacks that might delay the full update further down the line due to the extra devtime needed for undoing and redoing changes.

There is plans in the working to create incremental updates that will allow MA and planet partners to create mini patches when needed. This would allow planet partners to fix issues and only issue an update for their planet without causing downtime on any of the other planets. I can not give a time frame on this new system yet as it was just something I discussed with MA devs not to long ago.

Regards,
    Chris

• Like Like x 1
  11. billairboy

billairboy Member

How do you know that the drops rates are going too be adjusted in the first place?

12. KikkiJikki

I guess we won't know till it happens. I am providing evidence and feedback.

13. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Drop rates / depth will be adjusted until we find a working balance on these resources but like already mentioned this can really only be done with updates.

One of the issues I think is causing a lack in the mined resources is not many players are mining deep enough for these resources. So to put it out there they are around ~700M atm.

14. ruskea

ruskea Member

but the real problem is that u cant find these amped.. i know most of the rares are limited to amps which is stupid.. all the dropped bombs with terra 4 ~750m 900m+ with 3 encha.. dropping all 3 types with lvl 7 amp and ive found 1 rare claim..

15. cute781217

The droprate has definitely being adjusted after the mini-patch of June 26th, I was camping at redu area and I found several claims of Arkite within let say 50 drops with level 5, I tried from Z1, f-103 to enhanced TM 4 and all of them are able to find arkite in that time,I was thoguht fuxk it gotta be another zulax with this droprate hence I stopped(wish I didn't), same as Cordul and Madana tail. But soon after the droprate being adjusted drastically down and can't even find any with amp ( But I'm being reported my disciples finding some rares without amp). And I think the depth would definitely not a problem that causing them being this rare, you are way underestimate us miners. I mean we are old time players, we aren't 3 days old players just cry something changed after a bad run.

And the droprate can only adjusted in a update is a lie from Mindark as well, everyone camping at redu area knows the droprate of redu being lowered alot lately. I think everyone still remember the scanner thing on RT, IIRC there's no downtime as well, the droprate being lowered/eliminated on the air. So as the redu hof party at shirnook jungle on caly, people suddenly hoffing on redu like crazy, and it being adjusted later without a downtime needed. So it is all prove that mindark are telling lie to you. I don't know why they don't want to do it, but I think you really need to talk with them alot harder. I appreciated your hard-work but really go kicking Mindark's ass harder, they are just unable to be educated from past mistakes.

16. billairboy

billairboy Member

Have your heard that droprates can only be adjusted in updates directly from them?

Because, I don't understand that a client updates should have anything to do with drops rates, should not all that be on the servers that MA directly can adjust?

By the way, what rares are you actually talking about?

17. strangelove

strangelove Member

I'm not quite sure about that.

Am level 60 prosp, 55 survey and level 30 treasure ATM and use an F-106 with an average depth of 600 meters or so. 700 meters is not an unusual depth for me to find resources.

In over 5000 amped triple drops over the past few weeks, I have hit that Regula twice and that's it.

Perhaps I will experiment with a deeper finder. Am just saying if I only get 2 finds in essentially 15000 drops, it's "rare". I can "farm" Devil's Tail practically at will on Caly since I know the spots. I am not seeing rares on Ark.

Just my two pec.

CO

18. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

I think one of the reasons people are annoyed is that we often see Calypso getting patches the day after a vu. Yet some of the pp's end up waiting months for sometimes important patches.

There's no reason why bug fixes for the platform shouldn't be happening if it doesn't involve pp content. The MS calling exploit should be patchable now.

As for the rare mining resources it doesn't make much sense as it relies on skilled miners and if even they can't find them it affects crafters which then doesn't encourage them to stay on Ark which then affects everyone. Surely they should be at a much higher depth until the supply reaches a certain level and then gradually lowered not the other way around. You would think this would be an automatic system and not need manual interventions.

19. strangelove

strangelove Member

Ofc, after 30k ped of triple drops and only two rare finds, I get my first hits of diagen and lotium on back to back runs tonight. Go figure....

CO

20. ruskea

ruskea Member

found some lotium also yesterday.. that makes it 2 rares ive found with lvl7 amp.. both been around 3.5ped