1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition The Mighty Forge

Discussion in 'Company Events' started by Dylan | Arkadia, Dec 17, 2014.

1. fredzepp

fredzepp Active Member

I think it is great to see a crafting event. Maybe some time in the future we will see an integrated event with hunting/mining/crafting where everyone can play and compete at the same time.

2. slither

slither Active Member

The event last year where you needed a global from mining & hunting & crafting to gain 1point was a good idea. Unfortunately with the mining changes it was damn hard to global on land, but now we have the underground it would work much better.

3. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Where is mining event? :)
    With NOT valued loot, only for highest single lot?
    Valued loot is unfair, will win the reachest player.

4. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

Gotta agree to this event. It kinda makes sense to fokus event on crafters as this fairly quickly makes the economy stronger.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

That was during "modified loot". These days it's not too hard to get a mining global, though ofc still much easier crafting or hunting.

Anytime you have a crafting event, you also have a mining event.

Edit: but yeah, I'd love to see the kind of event we had before: 1 point each mining crafting hunting global... now with underground it would be much more interesting.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  6. slither

slither Active Member

Modified loot are those times when the globals go crazy. Remember when you would get a 600ped hof every 10-20 spiders and they would hof constantly for a few hours, that's modified loot. Or more recently when marci dropped over 100 small mushrooms in a 6 hour period. These times aren't bugs, they're modified loot and you need to look out for them, thankfully I was in the caves when the mushroom drop went crazy :)

What MA did to mining was just to change the way standard loot worked, and it's still crap for mining globals n land.

7. Top07

Top07 Member

Snake high on shrooms!!!

8. Neil

At the same time MA introduced the modified loots you're talking about, they also changed mining loot to the 95% system (95% TT return per run, no globals). This system was removed around July of 2013. So to miners, modified loot means the opposite: no globals.

9. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

BTW, do we need to post our globals / HoFs here or will the daily prize be awarded automatically by A-team?

Tried my best yesterday with good runs on Rip Texture, Nusul Texture and some Reilly Boots, and other textures yesterday, but to no avail. I'll stacking up again for another run this weekend... hoping I'll score at least one :)

10. Top07

Top07 Member

A-team can get the info from MA. So no worries regarding entry. You just need to craft away!

:) Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ryloth

Ryloth Member

This has me shaking with excitement. The chances of me hitting big are low, but the incentive is definitely going to get me to cycle more peds crafting during this event. Thanks A-team! :)

12. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

Has anyone received stuff yet for the competition? It's been ongoing a couple days now, but no one is posting...

13. slither

slither Active Member

Is this part of the Gold Rush event or are we going to see a Gold Rush - crafting division ?

14. svena

svena Active Member Pro Users

Any chance of an update or will that have to wait till after MA's new years part? :clown:

15. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Devs, you really need to get results posted and prizes awarded. It's been a while since the event finished and with the hunting event expected to consume a lot of keys, its only fair that the winners get a chance to get the benefit of that demand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Neil

yeah we need daily status posts

17. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

We're sorry for the delay of the results, but the aim has and still is that the winners will be posted here on forum when we have the final results, and that will most likely be this coming week before the hunting event starts the 8th of Jan

18. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

• Like Like x 1