1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The hell should I hunt?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by WhiningSkeptic, Apr 17, 2015.

1. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

Sooo....

Finally decided to go for man... Madana (is it?) after getting some help from Lizzy. The mob seems to be just about the right size, the limit of what I can do. It is slow and has slow attack rate.

Are there any pure young / mature spawns though? I don't mind taking on a bigger every now and then, but the spawn I was at had too many of them for the hunting to be eco, defensive costs bumped up to 2%.

Probably staying at them tonight as well after which I'll go and take a look at the other suggestions.

2. San

San Well-Known Member

Check out Goblin+4a for optimized eco on small Madana. I don't know of any other spots except those still listed on Entropedia, i.e. only one place with small and one with big maturities. The great majority is young-old in the former, provs and dom are rather rare. They gave me a hard time, too, when I came with low lvl equipment. Better have a higher dps weapon with you to do away with them quick. As noted above, your defensive costs on Ark will be a bit higher on average. Good luck!

3. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

I was about to explain how dropping the ES armor would lower my eco significantly, but then I did some maths and it seems like it wouldn't be the end of the world; 3.150 dpp instead of 3.185... That's about eight ped per thousand shots... (8.41/261.21, about 3.2%)

I need to do some tracking without it and see where it goes.

Edit: No. Wait. Those. Numbers seem messed up, need to redo it.

Edit2: New dpp would be 3.084. That's about 3.2% lower and should thus yield 3.2% less returns. On the hunt from last night, that would mean roughly 14 PED. Despite the higher defensive costs, it still seems worthwhile.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015