1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The First Annual Arkadian New Year Rep-Run

Discussion in 'Company Events' started by Admin, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Well folks its time to start a silly annual tradition and what better time than at the very beginning of the new year.

What I was thinking is simple. Post here your one most important new years resolution and +rep everyone you want to (you can do it about 20 times a day), and rep shall be given to you by myself too. How does 200 rep sound?

I'll start: my resolution is to give up smoking. It's a horrible habit and its the only thing in my life I both love and hate at the same time. It's time to say bye bye to these cancer sticks.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Me next: My resolution is to make more headway in regaining my former fitness. I used to be a very fit person who played rugby for many years but through through crap work hours, injury and general lack of motivation, I've lost it. Maybe I'll use the Ban Hammer more to help with my training. ;)

After that, I might see my way through to finding a partner....been on my own for far too long now and getting really tired of feeling like the spare wheel on the group car.

All the best to everyone for the coming year. Looking forward to working it all through with you here at PAF.

• Like Like x 12
  3. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

I'm just going to try to stay alive and working that seems to be hard enough.

• Like Like x 11
  4. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

New Years resolution, well I have never made one of them, so I guess my resolution for this year is to not make one for next year :)

Oh and a good idea there Van !

• Like Like x 12
  5. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I'd like to get back into running. I had a few injuries which set me back last year, so it would be nice to get into shape again (classic New Years resolution lol).

• Like Like x 14
  6. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Ok, I'll bite :D My most important one is the same as Snape actually, to really fully concentrate on getting myself fit and healthy again, as much as possible to the level I was a few years back before a major illness. I am a long legged creature who used to love to run, starting in school on track, and later in every little charity run I could find going etc. I've not had the stamina to run since my illness, and I want it back because I miss it so much, so if I can no longer run as fast as before, I can at least do a lot more fast walking lol. This resolution also involves continued development of my Reiki practice, for myself first of all, to be better able to help others.

Snape's second possible resolution is also relevant to me, only the other way around :D I resolve to give up on hopeless cases and be happy in myself with no partner if that is the way it is to be. We first must love ourselves in order to truly be loved by others. Good luck to you Snape, you are an awesome catch for some lucky lady out there!

• Like Like x 13
  7. Ruben

Ruben Member

Well let you say by a heavy ex-smoker who couldnt quit for long. Its looking much much more difficult as it is at the end. You cant believe how easy it is in the end. ;) much much good luck for you

My one is just to loose some points at the scale. so round about.........ahh what ever ..... just bring this number in the direction downwards

greets to you all out there around this Globe
    and manny best whisches to you.
    May the wind comes always from behind and the sun shining in your face.....

Ruben

• Like Like x 12
  8. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

Well my new years resolution must be to try and concentrate harder on my school next semester.. show up more often, read up more often.. you catch my drift.. This first semester has been bad because of being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism.. But it is starting to be more controlled, so i think i can keep this new years resolution.. heh

• Like Like x 11
  9. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

oke, i´ve read many great resolutions here so far.
    i wish all of you the best of luck(or may i say willpower? ;) ) to reach these goals.

i, meself, lost faith and motivation in resolutions a few years ago. hopefully i can get back to old greatness and have a life i enjoy living and see more the positive sides on everything i encounter. at least, i can try to make it a great and wonderful time for the people around me and this i guess is my resolution. not one for me really but for everybody out there. :D

hope you all have a great and successful new year

• Like Like x 12
  10. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Ok here goes have not done a resolution for almost a decade, and I use to like the challenge of them, lets see if I can motivate myself this next year :p

1. I am a hobby beer brewer, so supporting a hobby I really enjoy I am going to work hard at refining my very own Cherry Wheat beer recipe and get it entered into at least 15 competitions at least 3 of which are open for world wide entry's, and also enter 20 other various recipe's into competitions as well.

2. Since I have over half the required equipment to do wine making I will try to make some wine old school way, not from pre-canned syrups.

3. On a healthy note, as if there is such a thing after supporting a beer hobby :p Loose 40 lbs this year. I'll get my current weight tomorrow written down :)

4. And one of the most important things IRL I need to do is get rid of this "I don't give a shit about anything attitude" I have developed these last 4 or so years because of various crappy experiences that happened to me. I give it a whole year to work on getting rid of it lol.

5. And now the easy one, become completely debt free and owe no-one anything except monthly living expenses. So no loans, CC balances, etc by end of the year. Easy because I am not far from that already :)

6. And an in game resolution, get 30 disciples graduated.

Well that should do it for me I think :) Now the personal challenge begins tomorrow....

Good Luck everyone on you resolutions. I know it will take some work from me to get mine completed :p

• Like Like x 13
  11. KillerDawg

KillerDawg Active Member Pro Users

Usually don't do resolutions myself, but only because I am to lazy to keep them. So I guess just be me and enjoy my life while I have it, and of course watch my grandson grow up. :)

• Like Like x 13
  12. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

OMG, when I read all your resolutions it is a shame for me to say.....every single resolution would fit to me very well:eek:

But I know me and I will try only one thing...I try to be not so lazy with "normal" things like homework, garden and many other things ......atleast a bit more non lazyness would be fine :)

I wish everyone all over the world a Happy, healthy, peaceful and fantastic new year, may all you wishes, resolutions, dreams come true.......

@KillerDawg .....holy cow you have a grandson? seems I m not the oldest horse in the stable :)

• Like Like x 11
  13. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

KMax: Good luck with getting debt-free.. I wish I was closer, but still halfway through school and no employment to speak of, so.. :p

Guess this year is get employed, for me. A friend and I are starting a business -- I was kind of semi-operating it as a sole proprietorship for a couple of years, but we're organizing as a partnership. So this year the goal is to complete that process and actually open a bank account for it. It'll take some doing still to finish the process, as all I've gotten done is filing for an EIN (tax identification)... :p

• Like Like x 13
  14. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I think a lot of people have trouble keeping resolutions cos they choose things that are difficult or that they perhaps dont really want to do but feel that they should do. So I am going for things I will like.

1. More couch time
    2. Enjoy my life more. It's too easy to cruise in neutral. Instead I want to focus on things that make me happy and really appreciate them.
    3. Never fail to eat icecream when given the opportunity
    4. Recapture the satisfaction I gain from doing interesting work.
    5. Be good to my cat. She's getting on and I need to make the most of her final years

• Like Like x 13
  15. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

Eating mostly toast and ready meals hasn´t done my stomach well during the last term. So for the next University term I plan to get some healthier food. I already found a market for that yesterday so should be doable. Gl with your new years resolutions guys. :)

• Like Like x 11
  16. SpiritGh0st

SpiritGh0st Member

Heya,

Well, mine will be to persevere throughout my studies next year and perhaps try for an award.

A second one would be to establish myself in EU :p

Happy new year everyone! , wish you the best for 2012!

• Like Like x 11
  17. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Less diet dr pepper
    Less road rage for the assholes that cant get to where theyre going fast enough

Happy 2012 everyone!

• Like Like x 12
  18. Colbey Kal

Colbey Kal Member

No more procrastinating in 2012!

Going to start in 14 minutes...

• Like Like x 10
  19. Dwiss

Dwiss Member

hm - resolutions - have to agree with kikki here. Only resolutions i have for 2012 is to go back to the old path of setting my interests first for once . Meaning more fun in the job again, more couch time as well and just enjoy life a bit more than last year.

• Like Like x 9
  20. isclay

isclay Active Member

:whistle:My resolution is to start a profitable RL business with my Son. Been planning for a while and now it's time to act. :cool:

• Like Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.