1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The end of modified loot! :D or :(

Discussion in 'Mining' started by Neil, Jun 6, 2013.

1. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

ehm nope, that just means that when you buy 10 lottery tickets instead of one you have 10 times the change of winning it.
    But in the end it will always be someone else who wins it any way, regardless if they bought one or a thousand.

It's the fairest way of distributing the loot. Or do you think you should get uber loot because you are a overall nice guy?

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

That's true... the V-claim system was ideal for low ped-card players who have a good way to sell small stacks... but the old system was actually better for low budget players in terms of stack size (if not in terms of "reliability" of TT return). People seemed pretty equally divided in what they liked (acc to the poll on PCF) but I'm pretty certain the bigger/higher volume miners mostly preferred the old loot system.

Unamped 2k+ ped hofs are surprisingly common among my miners. We just got another one today, in fact, #3 on the HOF board, 2k ped Ospra unamped (gratz Malaclypse!). Since I had been keeping records in the old system I had never gotten anything nearly this big in spite of dropping a lot of ped so I've been assuming that this increased rate of big ones is part of the "mod loot" MA promised. However... it could also just be that my avatar is unlucky, or it's due to beginner's luck (which my ava somehow missed out on!)

3. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Are you guys sure about the mining changing from what it was before the reset. Seems the exact same to me, LVL 1 amp on demonic V, V, V, V, V, V, V, V, V, VI, V, V, V, V, V, V, V, V, V, V, IV, V, V, V, V, V... you get the idea seems the same to me, well a few no claims in the mix also..... I am not convinced it changed at all.

4. thelegend77

thelegend77 Member

i did a 300 ped run. mostly is like normal until i suddenly get consecutive size 3 for tresures in a row (7 drops i think). And then bam a size 12. but the ores is constantly size 5,5,5,5,5,5,5.....

5. raynopssgold

raynopssgold Active Member

Hmm, it should be "Bam a size 22" instead of "12" lol

6. Neil

I'm not sure if it's back to the way it was before January, but it's definitely different from what it was before the server reset last week. Returns from short runs are lower, 65-90% is typical now instead of the 85-95% that we have had over the past 6 months, and we have a lower average hit rate all across the planet as well.

7. thelegend77

thelegend77 Member

So mining aint fun here anymore? lol .

8. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

thelegend77, as much as I respect the views and opinions of the wonderful members we have here at PAF, I would give you this one piece of advice (what you chose to do with it is up to you):

Don't just blindly follow what other people here have to say, make up your own mind. Too many people in EU are obsessed with the money/eco angle (and before anyone says anything, yes I understand the irony of what I said in light of the fact is is an RCE) and forget the fun and entertainment angle. I still maintain that an hour spent in EU is not only just as much fun but also a damn sight less expensive/better value than a night out, or going to the cinema etc.

If you are enjoying yourself and you are comfortable/responsible with what you are spending then that is all that counts.

9. Pretender

Pretender Member

not really. it's more a matter of being at the right place at the right time...just look at calypso's spring mayhem.

10. Neil

Globals are a lot more common now. Many complained about the previous system because it was too boring. So I'd say it's more fun now than it was before.

11. thelegend77

thelegend77 Member

Snape, That was really enlightening haha . I didnt realised that ><
    Neil, gonna try that out now =))

12. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Well definitely more often than looting a Halix Tail. I've globalled twice on Halix recently and still only ever looted one tail.

However just seeing swirlies isn't enough for me to make me enjoy something. It's nice but getting a swirlie and seeing exactly the same stuff I looted a moment before just more of it just doesn't make me :) anymore. You've got this big build up and then it falls flat - 'oh lovely more wool that I can't sell'.

Like being given School text books for a birthday present when you really wanted a bike (didn't happen to me btw).